You guys liked the Talking Heads one so here's another (mostly) modular rendition of Erik Satie's Gymnopedie no.1

From the reactions I got here last time I posted the This Must Be The Place cover I thought some of you might get a kick out of this, as the title suggests it’s Gymnopedie no.1 but with a twist, I aimed to turn it from a somber composition to a hopeful and romantic one. It’s not a cover per se but more so the first half is composed entirely of sections of Gymnopedie.

https://soundcloud.com/mwgli/our-planet-gymnopedie (again if you want better quality free link to listen on bandcamp in my soundcloud bio, but I appreciate soundcloud support more, better for the music resume.)

The chords were done with a Yamaha TX7 but aside from that it’s entirely modular with my expanded rig hehe.

Would love to hear feedback and discuss any aspects of the track!

Big, big smile :slight_smile:

Wow another great track <3

Thanks a lot for this! :sunny:

Very nice!

Very Tomita, at the beginning. I was less keen on the second part, but still really nicely done. Good work!

I actually love the second part. Tomita (or Beaunoise) were there before, so I was happily surprised when this (bare)foot-tapping section started!

Thanks so much for the great response everyone! This stuff really does make my day :smiley:

Wow Beaunoise’s stuff is great, never heard of him, cheers for the link!

Nice Astro Boy!

I had a digital piano as a kid with a demo button that would play a compilation going through various songs and the preset sounds on the keyboard. Memory came rushing back when I clicked play, haha. Great sounds!