Yarns stops receiving MIDI

I’ve just recently bought Yarns and I’m becoming increasingly frustrated with it. At first it stopped receiving MIDI notes after a while and I had to reload the preset. Then it stopped working with my iConnectMIDI2. I connected my Arturia Beatstep which works ok, but I don’t want to use this just as a MIDI interface. I then tried my Midisport 4x4, which worked, for a while. Now won’t work at all like the iConnectMIDI. I’m at a loss to what is going on. Any ideas?

If you have tempo set to EXT, check if the arpeggiator is set to “on”, the AR value must be “0”

Will check that setting, thanks.

I’m sure it’s still some settings, but I just can’t get this thing to work constantly. It keeps loosing the MIDI input. It also doesn’t seems to save the settings, for some reason the Part and Channel settings keep changing. I have the RC turned off so there should not be any MIDI changing parameters here.

Also is there anyway to turn off the sequencer without inserting 64 rests to create a blank sequence. I have MIDI sync enabled in Ableton Live so I can use the MIDI Clock Out to Grids, but this also starts the sequencer.

> It also doesn’t seems to save the settings, for some reason the Part and Channel settings keep changing

You mean after powering it off then on?

> Also is there anyway to turn off the sequencer without inserting 64 rests to create a blank sequence.

Record a sequence with 0 note/rest (REC to start recording then REC to stop recording immediately after).

I’ve done a bit more testing and when it does work after about 10 minutes the MIDI stops. If I leave it then it comes back after about another 10 minutes. Very strange. And the Channel on Part 2 had changed to 1, then if I change it back to 2 it all stops working again.

The Save / Load settings works some times, but not others. Makes no sense at all.