Yarns simultaneous use of euclidean rhythms and sequencer

Hi there, I was wondering if its possible to use the step sequencer in yarns on one voice while another voice plays euclidean rhythms?

For example, in 4M mode, run a sequence on part one, while parts 3 and 4 each send euclidean rhythms to separate drum modules.

As it stands now it seems like you can either activate one or the other, but is there a way to use both?

It’s possible to use both, depending on whether a sequence is recorded or not in the part.

Sorry to revive this and thank you for your response @pichenettes ! I’ve tried going by own way for awhile figuring this out, but I still can’t get it to work in the way described. If I want parts 1 and 2 to be playing sequences, and parts 3 and 4 to be generating euclidean rhythms, I imagine I need parts 3 and 4 to have nothing recorded in their sequences. The problem for me is that i don’t know how to get 3 and 4 to generate rhythms while the sequencer is running. It seems like an either/or situation, either start the sequencer or hard press to start the rhythms. What am I missing?

You can do what you’re describing. But you have to activate Arp or Euclidean by sending it a note from a Midi Keyboard/computer etc…

• Set Layout to 4M
  • Set Part 1 to Channel 1
  • Set Part 2 to Channel 2
  • Set Part 3 to Channel 3
  • Set Part 4 to Channel 4
  • Activate Euclidean for Channels 3 and 4
  • Record sequences on Channels 1 and 2
  • Press start on Yarns to run the sequencer. Channels 1 and 2 will play.
  • Now press a note/notes on channel 3 of your Midi controller. The Euclidean rhythm will start playing in sync on Channel 3.
  • If you want Euclidean to latch - while holding the note/notes press and hold Start on Yarns. It will continue playing channel 3 in sync without holding any notes. Press other notes and it will latch to those notes.
  • Send a note on Channel 4 of your controller to start Euclidean for Channel 4 on Yarns. It will start playing in sync. If you’re already latched from the previous step, channel 4 will automatically latch and will play without holding any notes.

Try it…