Yarns firmware wish list

Another couple ideas re: editing an existing sequence:

• if the sequencer is running and the selected step is played, the display could blink to help identify that step’s position in the sequence
  • when using the encoder to scroll through the sequence, it could wrap around between the end and beginning of the sequence (like it already does when recording a new last step)

It sure would be nice to have the option to use the Gates in 4P mode as Envelopes controlled via Midi CCs. This would free up my Peaks modules to do more modulation.

On that same topic it would be awesome to be able to map velocity or aftertouch to effect the envelopes amplitude.

Not sure anyone is paying attention to this thread anymore. The feature I would like in Yarns is clock synced recording of midi notes and rests into a sequence. Basically on each clock pulse record whether a new midi note has started, or is a previous midi note still being held, or is no midi note playing, recording these as note, tied note and rest. This would allow a more real time played way of entering sequences that have variable note durations and separations. I would love this. Thanks for such great modules!

Hi community,

Would it be difficult to change the start sequence pulse into a reset sequence pulse?
Perhaps this firmware modification already exists? Really want the functionality for my varigate 8! It needs a pulse on 16 not one 1!!

Updated list:

• hold REC while editing a sequence to delete it
  • much slower clock divisions
  • ability to insert new steps into running sequences, vs. just overwriting existing steps
  • combined 2P + 2M mode, like 3+ but with 2 monophonic channels
  • when displaying or editing step of a playing sequence, blink display if that step is played
  • when editing sequence step, display starts at step’s value instead of C4
  • when editing sequence step, update slide status
  • wrap around when using encoder to scroll through sequence steps
  • option for MIDI IN to override a playing sequence (instead of transposing it)
  • euclidean patterns control sequence playback as well as arpeggiation

I’ve had a Yarns for a couple years now and there’s been a few things I would love, though I don’t know if it’s possible or if it’s what MI intends for Yarns to be. Here goes anyway:

Random Melodies: The sequencer is great, however, it would be quite nice to select a Root and a corresponding scale and then have Yarns choose one of the notes randomly, much like the Disting Q Shift Register.

Similarly, an alternative function of the step sequencer: Choose your notes and instead of it playing then in order, they are “held” and the arpeggiator uses the “chord” to create a arp pattern from the sequence.

Random Clock: Being able to choose something like “RD” if you scroll down past “EX” in the TEmpo section and it would shoot out random gates/triggers. Maybe only in the 4T mode?

Envelope Generation: When using a keyboard, it would be a great option to have, for example in 1M mode, either the Gate or Trigger output be an envelope. When paired with Tides you could have a nice 2 module voice.

Modulation Source: A template that would turn Yarns into an 8-output LFO with all the parameters (att., scale, shape, uni/bi polar) necessary and would be divisions/multiples of the clock. Very nice with the slower clock divisions suggestion.

I started super small with Yarns being one of the first modules I got, so all this comes from a person who would love to have had these options available in a small case without buying new modules (read: I’m cheap [; ). Also, even though I am posting this right now, I had these thoughts before Pam’s New Workout became available and I am fully aware that a few of these suggestions are implemented in that particular module.

The hardware does not allow that. Yarns uses a 4-channel DAC so it can only output 4 channels on variable voltages. The other outputs are plain logic outputs.

Hi community,
I joust bought yarns with the purpose to convert Midi incoming signals coming from the Beatstep Pro ( Drums ) in Velocity to control the velocity of my drum modules.
I´m tying to set it up in 4M mode in a way that every CV output sends Velocity CV but so far without success.
Is that possible? Is there anyone that can suggest me a way to achieve that?

Sorry, this is not possible.

I’ve been searching for that feature but I guess it’s not there yet.
When a MIDI clock signal is being received, if I start the sequence by pressing play (or the arp by entering a chord), I don’t want it to start immediately, but rather to wait for the next clock division. This feature is missing in a lot of synth and as a guy who likes to play and improvise in front of an audience, I am very frustrated to not be able to do so.

Please make Yarns Outputs- Setup free accessable.
Free choice of Output of Gates, Trigger, Velo, CV …

That make this wonderful Interface perfect for each User…

Best!

Can it be possible to add Record and Start/stop to the Midi cc commands?

Updating again:

• hold REC while editing a sequence to delete it
  • much slower clock divisions
  • ability to insert new steps into running sequences, vs. just overwriting existing steps
  • combined 2P + 2M mode, like 3+ but with 2 monophonic channels
  • when displaying or editing step of a playing sequence, blink display if that step is played
  • when editing sequence step, display starts at step’s value instead of C4
  • when editing sequence step, update slide status
  • wrap around when using encoder to scroll through sequence steps
  • more options for how MIDI IN affects a playing sequence on the same channel (instead of just transpose)
    • override sequence
    • no effect on sequence
  • euclidean patterns control sequence playback as well as arpeggiation
  • select source of vibrato control (modulation wheel or aftertouch)