A couple of features have been added to Yarns since February 2017, it’s time for a mini release!
- New STEAL MOST RECENT voice allocation mode, which steals the most recently played note (duh!) when the maximum polyphony is reached. This allows you to hold a note or chord on the left hand, and play legato a melody on the right hand that won’t cut the chord.
- When several parts are receiving on the same MIDI channel, and when recording is enabled for one of them while a sequence is playing on the other parts, the received note on MIDI messages no longer cause spurious transpositions of the sequences (original fix proposed by Chris Rogers).
- New Tx TUNING FACTOR setting which multiplies or divides the output voltage in order to obtain interesting scales (for example, a whole octave stretched to 24 keys, or reversely, 2 octaves crammed in 12 keys). Here is a nice illustration from the D50 manual showing what can be achieved with this feature. Note that the TR TUNING ROOT setting determines the central key around which tuning is stretched.
- The O/ OUTPUT CLK DIV and B- BAR DURATION settings are now available in the 4T layout.
- The swing setting is no longer limited to the internal clock only, but can also be applied on top of an external MIDI clock.
- A new setting, NUDGE FIRST TICK, increases the delay separating the reset pulse sent at every bar or when the master clock is started, and the first clock pulse. This may solve synchronization issues with some sequencers that do not like receiving those two almost simultaneously.
yarns.1.5.syx.zip (44.2 KB)