Yarns firmware update problem

Hi all,

I’m having a problem updating Yarns to the newest firmware. I’m assuming my Yarns has never been updated because I don’t get a version number when I power it on. I’m using a Beatstep Pro as Midi interface between my Macbook and Yarns and SysEx Librarian.

I get the spinning icon when I start, but Yarns doesn’t seem to receive anything as the spinning icon never changes. I’ve messed around with the settings in SysEx Librarian (delay etc.) and still nothing.
I’ve also tried it with a Focusrite Saffire interface and nothing happens with that either.

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance!!

No version number? That’s super strange, when did you buy the module?

Does the module receives MIDI normally (not for firmware update)? Missing or corrupted data is something I’ve seen, but never no data at all!

Hi! Thanks for the quick response!

I bought it in the summer of 2014 but never really paid attention to updates so I’m only getting around to it now. The first thing that appears when I turn it on is “LA”. I read that a version number should appear first but I don’t get anything like that.

Receives Midi normally.

I’ve tried a bunch of different things and all that ever happens when I try to update is the spinning icon. I know sysex is being transmitted because the first time I tried to update, Yarns was part of a chain of devices and the one before it (Jomox Moonwind) showed an error message about the sysex. I then tried it directly from the midi interface to Yarns and still nothing happened.

1 Like