Yarns - Arpeggiator Euclidian Function

Spent the night with Yarns and am still confused by a bunch of stuff.
Have read the manual a few times and still don’t understand the hierarchy or structure of the system.
How do certain parameters interact with one another?

For example - when my G-(gate time) is longer than 6 - gates start randomly disappearing.

I can use the arpeggiator to transpose incoming MIDI but not on the internal sequencer.

Sometimes when programming sequences playing notes on a MIDI keyboard will cause Yarns to fire so I can hear them as I’m programming them in. Other times it doesn’t do this. Same goes for using the encoder to input notes.

I’ve tried programming sequences with one note on and then tie-tie-tie to get sustained notes that I would hope the apreggiator reacts to.

I’ve also tried everything I can but can’t get the Euclidian function to work. Is it supposed to act as a polyrhythmic gate - dropping notes from an incoming or internal sequence - or a generator - creating the pattern in sync with internal or external clock?

It would be great to be able to program a 4 note sequence that repeats but have a Euclidian function of 5/7 that loops over the top giving the impression of a much more complex sequence.

Does the Euclidian function run independently of the Arp?

Some kind of flow chart in the manual would be amazing - showing how the parts interact would really help.

> when my G-(gate time) is longer than 6 – gates start randomly disappearing.

This is normal. For example if the arpeggiator is set to play a pattern with 8th notes and if the duration is programmed to 4th notes, you might end up with overlapping note that will be removed.

> Sometimes when programming sequences playing notes on a MIDI keyboard will cause Yarns to fire so I can hear them as I’m programming them in. Other times it doesn’t do this. Same goes for using the encoder to input notes.

Probably depends whether you pressed “REC” while a sequence was playing vs pressing “REC” while the playback was stopped.

> Is it supposed to act as a polyrhythmic gate

No.

> or internal sequence – or a generator – creating the pattern in sync with internal or external clock?

It generates the pattern for the arpeggiator - so the arpeggiator needs to be enabled. As soon as the “E-” parameter (euclidean length) is set to a non-zero value, the Euclidean generator parameters (E- / EF / ER) program the arpeggiator pattern.