EDIT: This initial description is outdated. Instead, see “README on Github”:https://github.com/bjoeri/shruthi-1 for latest changes.There you can also find the complete source code and “YAM builds”:https://github.com/bjoeri/shruthi-1/tree/master/yam_firmware_builds . The Ambika version of YAM can be found “here”:http://mutable-instruments.net/forum/discussion/7717/yam-alternative-ambika-firmware#Item_7 .
I’ve been fiddling with some minor Shruthi-1 firmware modifications and I thought I’d share it in case anyone is interested. Use it “as is” if you like, but you’re on your own
The source is available “as is” on Github and contains the following changes compared to the official firmware:
- Duo mode voice allocation reverted to 0.96 behaviour (only because I personally like it better)
- ‘triangle’ oscillator is no longer band-limited. This is done to reduce memory footprint of the firmware for hacking. Also, the triangle wave is folded (instead of clipped) upon modulation, resulting in a one octave higher note at max modulation.
- ‘qpwm’ oscillator added - It’s very similar to the quad saw implementation in ‘pad’. Note that the modulation parameter affect both detuning of the four pwm oscillators and the pulse width simultaneously.
- ‘fmfb’ oscillator added - It’s basically the same as the original FM oscillator, but with added feedback modulation for modulation values above 64. At moderate modulation there’s added ‘grit’. At high modulation values there is some crazy digital distortion (that I deliberately left in).
- EDIT: ‘pbpwm’ and ‘pbsaw’ oscillators added - polyblep implementations of saw and pwm heavily inspired by Oliviers prototype implementation for SMT, but more hardwired and less generic (no polyblep for sync etc) to fit into Shruthi constraints.
I believe patches made with the official firwmare should be reasonably compatible (except for the changes explicitly mentioned above), but again I won’t give any guarantees. Since I added the new algorithms between ‘vowel’ and the final wavetables, patches using the latter will probably have to be manually edited to correct the wavetable selection.
Happy new year!
shruthi1_YAM0.05.zip (393.7 KB)