What Did Father Christmas Bring This Year?

Assuming that we are all good, little synthesists, we should have gotten some new toys overnight.
What are they? Or were there only socks?

My sons indulged their dear old dad’s peccadillo and bought him a Le Strum kit and a MidiSplit kit.

Unfortunately nothing close to synth or diy, but maybe the X-Mas Contest will? (or maybe not, all the entries are wonderful
@VennelongBicyclist Le Strum is an amazing kit) Thanks for making me discover it! Added straight to the 2014 wishlist!

I’ve been to my moms side of the family and so far I’ve received my first Happy Ending kit, doepfer A-140 ADSR, and some Tip Top Stackable cables! ModularMayhem2014™ Here I come. My dad’s side is also aware of my gear lust, so fingers crossed for a VCO

Socks as usual…

I’ve been to my moms side of the family and so far I’ve received my first Happy Ending kit, doepfer A-140 ADSR, and some Tip Top Stackable cables! ModularMayhem2014™ Here I come. My dad’s side is also aware of my gear lust, so fingers crossed for a VCO

I’m kinda old fashioned an awesome x-mas cow!

…but what did you get, audiohoarder? Socks?

Put a Akai LPD-8 (lovely name) on my wish list, got a bunch of money instead, so I will by proxy have gotten a LPD-8 the day after tomorrow…

wool socks and a microwave xt for me

Some money so I can go to 30C3 <3 \\o/

Got myself this Tshirt with a nice brain-controlled synth design. It was in the mail yesterday so hopefully Santa made it on time ! :slight_smile:
Slightly disappointed by the print quality though…

Clothes mostly but I’ve already spent far too much on the panel/boards/mouser cart for the TTSH

Wool socks are great - they keep your feet warm. There’s just a few synths that can do that … :wink:

I got some Arduino boards with an Amtel 328P microcontroller and a component starter kit. The starter kit came with all kinds of input and output, very inspiring. Just have to figure out oscillators and envelopes, and I may have a synth by next year.

The other thing was just above and beyond what I could have expected.
A Korg DSS-1 with the original SCSI upgrade. It is now my master controller keyboard for my hardware setup.
The first thing I want to do is make simple oscillators to sample into the Korg.

The best part, of course, is dinner. Thankfully, that didn’t come down the chimney. :slight_smile:

Got some old fashioned print books with a few nuggets of wisdom, a bottle of Irish Mist (oh yum!) and lots of clothing. Gave away an old B&O 9500 sound system, my old “the new iPad 64GB” and a couple of Global knives. Then some kind soul gave me some keesh…

The build quality of the B&O is amazing - they don’t build stuff like that today!

A playstation 4 and some warhammer 40k Minis, not very synthy Im afraid

Ps4 and Warhammer is a pretty righteous haul. A j3rk dual vco set of pcbs and panel have joined the foray. “I dream of wires” extended cut made it’s way into my life as well

That’s the only sad part this year, no movies - "you either already have everything, have “ahem downloaded it” or streamed it and no PS4 - everybody correctly assumed I had booked one for launch day…

I’m just happy for the measure of peace and quiet and having a family get-together :slight_smile: Oh, and the Anushri panel I had sent to my parents place.

For myself: make noise system 1 & SCI Pro One. From the fam: craft beers, mojito muddler, coffee & a Walter Payton Throwback jersey. Go Bears!

@ Jojjelito: “gave away” - now thats great :slight_smile: We all want to get - but its so much nicer to give.