WebMIDI Note Quantiser Experiment

I’ve been continuing my experiments with the Web MIDI API, and have beed starting to put together a collection of JavaScript utility libraries for working with notes and other MIDI events.

If anyone is interested, this little demo page showcases (in super-minimal HTML) 4 different building-blocks:

24PPQN clock source
Multi-output Clock-Divider
MIDI output object (currently just does note-on/off)
Scale-Processor/Note-Quantiser

I’d be really interested in any feedback.

I’d also really love to see the note-quantiser as a Euro module one day. I think the extra options are pretty fun, and I haven’t seen similar features on any existing quantiser modules, so I think there may be a gap in the market there, for a more performance-orientated quantisation module.

I have some ideas for other scale-processing modules, too, so I’ll be extending the library in various ways in the future.

It’s Chrome only right now. I tried to get it to work in other browsers, but it’s not reliable, unfortunately, so I gave up. Seems rock-solid in Chrome, at least on my Mac laptop at home and my iMac at work.

a|x

> I think there may be a gap in the market there, for a more performance-orientated quantisation module.

Check this out for quantisation experiments: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127016

Hmm… so maybe that gap in the market has already been filled…
Still fun to play with, though :wink:

a|x

Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to suggest that! Just occurred to me that it might be a handy platform for testing out ideas.