Various MI Modules patch ideas request

Hi!

I have recently been buying eurorack modules but did not had the time to get my head into patching them so I need some ideas from the more advanced users for some patching ideas.

Modules from MI : Elements, Warps, Tides 2014, Ripples and Stages.
Modules from various manufacturers: The harvestman Piston Honda Mk1, Hex Inverter Gallilean Moons and Waldorf Nw1 ( I am listing these too but not a priority to integrate them into the patch sheet / patch description )

Best would be to just tell the patch in words or put it in vcv https://vcvrack.com

I would be greatful to have you help !

Thank you in advance!

Vlad

Try sending an positive offset to the gate input of MI Elements. Envelope Shape should be near 12 o’clock. This will put Elements into drone mode. You can use the strength input to make volume louder or softer.

Having it setup like this allows you to explore the types of sounds you can eke out of the module. Throw lots of modulation at it and see what works for you. For example try lfo’s, gates, random stepped, random smooth, v/o sequence, audio rate modulation, etc. and see what you like where?

Ultimately I find a good recipe for learning modular Synthesis is: lots of time, a love of experimenting and learning and having the right building blocks. Spend some time just experimenting with sounds and techniques. Turning it into a song sometimes happens… sometimes it is a hinderance?

4 Likes

Appreciate your comment! Experimenting is the way to go here! I trully need some LFOs.

With MI Stages you have 6 LFO’s. ie: looping green mode.

MI Tides also offer 4 LFO’s.

MI Ripples can be an lfo if you have resonance full and set cut off frequency low.

11 LFO’s is a pretty formidable starting point.

** you can also think of any oscillator as just a very fast LFO!

But a “very fast LFO” is an oxymoron, since an LFO is a “low frequency oscillator”! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have Elements, Tides, Ripples, and Stages, and I’ve been enjoying bandpassing external audio with Ripples then patching it into Elements ext. in 2. Adding modulation and envelopes with Tides and Stages has been keeping me busy, especially with Stages’ alt. firmware. Consider more VCAs, they’re important for wrangling the wildness!

1 Like

Blockquote
Try sending an positive offset to the gate input of MI Elements. Envelope Shape should be near 12 o’clock. This will put Elements into drone mode. You can use the strength input to make volume louder or softer.

Thanks for the drone tips !
Simple and nice idea, love it.
You gave me idea for a song and saved my day (I was stuck) ! :clap:

1 Like