Using Yellow magic as a delay pedal , feasible? best way?

Hi all, just wondering if its feasible to use the YM as a delay /effects unit .

What would be the best way? to create a user patch that uses the audio input? and then Id have to open up the filter to use the delay function?

and teh max delay is 550 ms I believe , which is the same or more than a lot of the pedals I was looking at

you can launch the test tone, that keeps the VCA open and deactivate the oscillators. but no filter triggering then

I keep going through the cases when using it as a stomp box tho…:wink:
just finishing off a YM, so as rosch says, that’s the method, but I have a couple of PT3299 stomp boxes on the go to cater for the delay part scenario. Just waiting for a mouser order.
Also can’t wait for my mad new toy to turn up , a Jomox t-resonator. Now that does do delay and filtering. And feedback :wink:
cheers

Not shure about YM, but you can try unroute VCA gain from ENV2 in modulation matrix. Setting all OSC to none of course.

the YM doesn’t have a high input impedance, so you won’t use it with a guitar directly plugged in. With a buffer, it works pretty nicely.

Fit: were these “PT3299 stomp boxes” Kits or schematics? after sleeping on it, Im thinking a dedicated delay would be a lot better

Regarding PT3299 stomp box kits, I have one of these: http://musicpcb.com/pcbs/echo-base-delay/.

@dude163
They were PT2399,
I found some schematics, built one on veroboard, etched another pcb and ordered a dedicated pcb from MusicPCB , however with the latter it has been a week and I have heard nothing ;-( Not even an order acknowledgement. Not a happy bunny.
cheers

i’ve bought a lot from Taylor, also the echo base. it’s obviously similar to the YME, nice dirty sound with an lfo modulation built in. not like a tape echo of course but cool for another type of sound.
he usually gets back pretty fast when you order, maybe contact him again. he’s definitely reliable and no scammer.

@rosch
thanks for that, I would not have ordered if I had thought he was a scammer , just strange that he has not replied, and the pcbs look excellent. It is the echo base I am after, having veroboarded it.
cheers

@rosch
Taylor emailed me this evening saying the pcb has been dispatched
regards