Using shruthi (s) as effects sends. The good, bad and the?

He all. Ive got an SMR4 and one on the way and plan on building 2 4pms - I plan to use them as A. Synths (both mono and duophonically) B. Effects units. Ive never done this before even though a few of my synths have them Ive always just used software effects so what type of level do you send it? IM hoping I can set a stereo strip on my metric halo mixer and then set up an external effects plugin in Ableton and use it that way. Im looking for tips as I really dont know what Im doing but have high hopes for the outcome - especially the 4pm;s. Ive wanted an Xpander for so so long…

A standard audio jack is 5V. Where you run into issues is with 12V stuff, like Eurorack modules. Of course, these kinds of things can be gotten around with proper amplification, but I digress.

You can send any regular audio jack through the Shruthi. If you send it too loud, you will get clipping/distortion. This is something to keep in mind when processing polyphonic signals. Basically, use less volume for sending poly signals, and more for mono signals. It couldn’t be simpler. Also, the master volume of the Shruthi can be adjusted with Midi CC#7 if you don’t have a direct volume pot.

Also, getting the 2 4PMs is a good idea for getting close to an Xpander as it has 5 LFOs and ADSRs.
You might want to look into a used audio patchbay if you are going to route complex signals around. They can be had for 20$.

quote: audioharder: “Also, the master volume of the Shruthi can be adjusted with Midi CC#7 if you don’t have a direct volume pot.”

optionally you could also add volume potis to the shruthi audio-i/o’s

If you adjust the Volume via CC7 you loose resolution of the Audio since thers no dedicated analog (stepless) Output VCA . . . .

I would suggest using it as an dedicated Insert FX, as filtering whole Busses is a bit boring.