Two Braids,complex oscillator?

I would try to make something like the fonctions of a complex oscillator with 2 Braids.I dont know how to do this and if its possible.Is anyone able to make us understand it?..A big thank you ,i search it till a long time but cant find…

…all i found is: …to create a complex oscillator you need:1 main VCOs with sync and FM
,a second VCO with a sine and LFO range and a wavefolder and/or multiplier.
What do you think of it?..
(My dream is a “Mutable Complex Oscillator” of course!. )

2x Tides + Warps.

I never even thought about a MI complex voice but that would be a really powerful complex voice.

or 2x tides + blinds.
brilliant combination, both at audio and low frequencies.

For “complex oscillators”, meaning a pair of VCOs that do audio-rate FM, then if you are using digital oscillators, then you need at least one oscillator (the carrier) that samples its FM input at full audio rates with “through zero” frequency response. That’s what Warps does using its internal oscillator. Then you need an audio rate modulation oscillator with a range of smooth waveforms - Tides does that. Then you need to modulate the amplitude of the modulation via an envelope or LFO - the second Tides is ideal for that. No VCA is needed because Warps has a modulation amplitude input (and/or Tides has a Level input).

true, if you want through-zero fm, warps is your better option.

personally, i prefer the 2x tides + blinds combo, because blinds does through-zero am, i.e. ring modulation, which tides’ built-in vca doesn’t support.

warps also has ringmod models, but they only work at audio rate and have some aliasing. blinds, by contrast, is all analog, so no aliasing. and it will work at any frequency. at audio rate, blinds is one of the best-sounding ring modulators on the market. and at lower frequencies, combined with tides’ wave-shaping and pll/sync capabilities, it will help create some crazy complex rhythmic lfo modulation.

that’s why i never miss an opportunity to recommend 2x tides + blinds - even when it’s slightly off-topic. :wink:

Yeah …with a timbre out…i will try to do it…i’ll show here!

Means trig one Tides with the other…and Warps…ooooh yesss! i understand!! im gonna get 2 Tides and make a vid to show…thks!!

what i would like to get,teh owner of the vid told me “its a sample and hold kind of loop with timbre modulation” …https://youtu.be/Dly0df3oS58

A tiny tiny smidgen of it. What you’ve heard is probably the pre or post distortion?

hm, i thought i remembered having heard some ringmod aliasing on warps during beta testing. but i may actually have been confusing this with a different module. sorry about that.

anyway, the main advantage of blinds is that it works both at audio and low frequencies, which in my view makes it the ideal partner for tides.

but at audio rates alone, warps is much more versatile, so it probably fits the op’s needs much better.

i guess the perfect solution would be 3x tides + warps + blinds. :slight_smile:

So? Tides and Warps or Blinds? what do you think ?

oh dear, what have i done.

as BennelongBicyclist has pointed out, for a ‘complex waveform generator’ in the orthodox buchlaist sense, warps is your way to go, because it offers tzfm.

the tides + blinds combo is attractive for a number of different reasons, but not for what you were originally asking about. sorry for having diverted the thread.

having said that, get both! :slight_smile:

How do you patch warps so the internal oscillator does TZFM? Is it:

Internal oscillator V/OCT to “Level A input”
Modulating oscillator to “Carrier Audio input”?

Edit: The manual says

The Carrier audio input (5) phase-modulates the internal oscillator, or feeds an external source of noise into the low-pass filter.

So I am incorrect. Do you need to add the modulating oscillator to the v/oct signal before going into the level input (that seems like it wouldn’t really work though)…or does the carrier just have to be a set frequency?

I woulld like to make that type of sound as Batchas does on the vid here:https://youtu.be/Dly0df3oS58
…with digital osc…is it possible?..i must know before buying new modules;…yo see?

Thank you jm!!

…[quote=“mic.w, post:14, topic:13646, full:true”]
oh dear, what have i done.

as BennelongBicyclist has pointed out, for a ‘complex waveform generator’ in the orthodox buchlaist sense, warps is your way to go, because it offers tzfm.

the tides + blinds combo is attractive for a number of different reasons, but not for what you were originally asking about. sorry for having diverted the thread.

having said that, get both! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I’m having a lot of fun with a STO, Warps, and a dual VCA between them.