so im am done with almost the full stack of le grande mutabel instruments, having a blast musically.
But now its about time to discover some polysynth stuff with some voicecards and the ambika.
I got a couple of controller ambika boards already up and working fine with their respective Atmel644 chipsets burned as far as i see a correct program version via AtmelStudio.
There i simply flashes and erased first time with the control, second step, I flashed the bootloader without erasing the flash, I figured that could work, I dont know if it actually did, but the programm is still running and i see stuff on the display so I assume i got a bootloader now, although i dont really know yet why i need it anyway.
Now i wanted to start flashing me some voiceboard in the same style, I do use the anushri just for the socket and ISP and voltage, since the voiceboards dont have an easy access to 9V supply.
I can easily flash the voicecard.hex , then the bootloader.hex, then fuses and lock or whatever pleases me first,
BUT the eeprom.hex AtmelStudio bothers to put that into the eeprom of the Atmel328? I got no clue why.
In the file list at least it says it supports hex files, but obviously it doesnt do with your ambika eeprom.hex file.
Question is, can I use the voicecards without the eeprom golden…hex or is it needed for some reason I cannot quite yet grasp?
Thanks a lot, already for reading and helping out.
PS: I checked, AtmelStudio only supports Intel hex files, I know there are some different hex conversiona out there, so my suggestion is the ambika voicecard eeprom.hex file is in a different hex fiel format.
I now try finding me an converter tool, maybe there is maybe there isnt, we will see, or I go the hard way and try to once again get my avr dude and make file to work.
#Update1: I found a tool calles hex2bin a small cprogram working in the dos shell in windows, simply converts the intel hex into a bin , and i already wrote that to the eeprom via atmelStudio, all seemed to work, what i do of course not know, if the voicecard now does what it is supposed to do, I cannot see if the bin file actually is what the hex files intend to be, can somebody help a little bit here.