Troubleshooting Strange Issue With DIY Braids

Hey all,
First time here at the mutable forums, I figured this is the best place to ask.

I’ve just finished my build of a DIY braids, culminating in the long awaited triumph that was the firmware successfully uploading via .wav.

After testing some things out, I unpowered my rack to do some adjustments. Upon repowering, the braids was back in “RDY” state. Seemingly the firmware had failed to save. I reuploaded the firmware to check if this was a one-off bug, but it happened again upon powering down the module.

Doing a little more poking around, I noticed that the encoder seems to not do anything (enter menus) when I press it. I tested this on many of the settings, and none of them seemed to react to an encoder press.

My first idea what that it could be a faulty encoder stuck in the always depressed position, hence every time the module boots it gets bumped into “RDY”. I think I’ve ruled this out by testing encoder for continuity- it closes the circuit when depressed.

Any ideas what I might do to troubleshoot further? I’ve retouched the solder joints on the encoder and checked the module over visually for anything out of the ordinary.

0 Likes

This is the wrong place to ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

closed #3
0 Likes