I’m trying to figure out what is going on with my Branches module, and hoping for any suggestions.
Here is the patch example, and both halves of the unit display the same results:
1 - Clock signal goes to “IN”
2 - OUT A goes to a trigger input, let’s call it a BASS [drum]
3- OUT B goes to a different trigger input, let’s call it a SNARE [drum]
- With dial at 12 o’clock, it would roughly alternate between triggering BASS and SNARE. This is the case!
- With dial at full ccw or 7 o’clock, it would trigger only BASS. This happens, sometimes…
- With dial at full cw, or 5 o’clock, it would only trigger SNARE. In fact, it only does this 50% of the time.
What is happening:
- With dial at full CCW, it will indeed stick to only input. However, it sticks to the LAST input it had. So I can “catch” either of the two branches and hold it there using the knob set at full CCW. I would much rather this be input A, not “last trigger branch”
- With dial at full CW, it will flip back and forth between the two inputs. I would much rather it be 100% input B.
Is my device faulty? Is there a reset or other troubleshooting I can take here? Is this expected behavior? Any other illuminating experiments I can do? This behavior remains using various modules as output targets, various clock sources as input, and with the module in another rack (using different power supply and cable)