Tried to update Element's firmware

Hi,

I tried to update my Element’s firmware to 1.1(Ringfield). I tried a windows laptop, a macbook pro, and an android phone. I tried patch cables and trs (stereo) cables. I tried various volume levels.

Now my module is not functioning.

The play button only lights up if I hold it when powering on , like I’m trying to flash it.
The other 2 LEDs are turqoise on the left and magenta on the (resonator side) right.

Can anyone help me out?

I have a Roland TR-8S and also a newer Behringer mixer that both work as sound cards. Would that work?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Greg

It sounds like the module’s bootloader is intact, so that’s a great sign! I’d suggest triple checking the instructions and making sure your knobs are all in the correct position.

Most times when I update a Mutable module, it takes me a few tries to get the volume right. I usually just use my phone, turn off all the notification sounds, and use a stereo → mono splitter to avoid any unintended connections or phase offset issues (which shouldn’t be there, but strange things happen). Sometimes, I need an external module to boost the signal a little bit more.

If you can’t seem to get the module to automatically reset at the end of the firmware file, hit the play button and try again with a different volume level. If you’ve got an attenuator module that can boost signal, try that, too. That might also help if you don’t have a stereo splitter.