oh my god! I really wish you get your dream to become true! Actually I had been thinking about it as well, but I discarded the idea imemdiately since I wouldn’t know where to start with it…
How would you make allt hose controls interact with the shruthi? (I mean the knobs and faders on the right)
As there obyiously is interest in a ShruthiKey lets discuss some points, maybe we can find a Version that suit most of us:
The main Question:
- should the expanded User Interface incorporate more Pots (in maximum 1 per Parameter) or should it go the Oberheim XPander approach using 1 Knob per Display Page and using the 4 Pots already available?
- If we go for the “More Pots” Approach, which Parameters? All of them expect the Patchcords??
- how many keys should there be (25,37,49,61) ?
- Should the original layout from the Digital/Control board be used or some spacier Layout for better tweaking? (Look at the Mean Green Machine for Example)
- Is there Interest in Indicating each Menu Page with a seperate LED like on the Shruti?
- 2 wheels or a roland style Bender?
- How about a Joystick driving CV1 + CV2?
i have already start to build it… With two old Edirol PCR30…So i have 32 analog control, and some digital control for driving the shruthi. I will connect the two controllers by a midi merger to the midi in of the Shruthi. I’ve got an analog joystik, good idea to plug it to CV inputs! … I will give you more détails soon…But follow the FCD72 project wich is more serious
wowww that looks fantastic! I’ve actually been wanting to incorporate a keyboard into my struthi at some point in the future, where it will be able to ‘graduate’ to from the cigar box in which it currently resides