Tides V2 LEDs misbehave

Hi
I just bought Tides (2021) and LEDs don’t behave as expected.
Instead of green—yellow(orange)----red, I get green—red---- (more) red
Module appears to be working fine.
Is this normal?

Thank you

Yes. The yellow/orange is made by displaying both the red and green components. Depends on your eyes and the angle from which the LED is seen!

Thank you very much!

I too recently bought a Tides V2 and find it difficult to discern between the yellow/orange and red. On my Plaits and Rings the orange is more yellowish orange and much easier to discern from the red. And the lights are softer/more diffused and easier on the eyes.

Are the LEDs in Tides the same as in Plaits and Rings? Is it possible to dim them a bit without a hardware mod (like adjusting a trimmer)?

Thanks!

Edit: Plaits doesn’t have yellow/orange as an option. The light of the LEDs are softer/more diffused though.

Is it possible to dim them a bit without a hardware mod (like adjusting a trimmer)?

Don’t think so

I hope you are wrong! :yum:

No, the LEDs on Tides and Marbles draw 5 times less current than the part I was using for Rings or Warps, and that’s why I chose them!

You can dim them by replacing the current limiting resistor, but I’m not sure you’d want that, as it’ll make the red+green state even less difficult to distinguish than red alone.

Thanks for clearing that up. And they are not that strong/bad on the eyes, so I will keep them as they are.