Thinking about selling my machinedrum

Fellow Shruthizens™… as the title states, I have a Machinedrum SPS-1, Mk II. I have had it for about a year and a half or so. So far, I think it’s a great machine, but I find that I don’t use it much. Call me a weirdo, but I think I’m just too used to creating / loading a kit in Ableton and hammering out my beats that way. Hell, I actually have fun doing that. I’m just a guy making music at home, no plans of playing live for the forseeable future. I haven’t had the time to really learn how to utilize all the power of the MD, and I don’t think I will. Am I crazy for wanting to downsize / downgrade / simplify?

No I think you’re doing the right thing. I am totally in favour of just keeping what one actually uses… and anything you haven’t used in the last year is probably something you don’t need. I would actually buy your machinedrum, hmm… but it’s probably going to cost more than I currently have. Except if somebody buys that Orbitals sequencer I’m selling.

I always sell what I don’t use; it will just make me feel bad otherwise.

Thanks for the advice! The more I think about it, the better I feel about deciding to sell. I guess that’s all part of music as a hobby. Try different things out, and constantly fine tune (no pun intended) your setup based on what works best.