The electronic newbie

A friend of mine has decided to learn electronics and has started a blog

It might be of interest to those who are on the same learning path, and give a sense of nostalgia to the most experienced of you… Maybe a source of motivation for those who have been building stuffs without taking the time to properly learn how it all works?

hm, the address of the blog seems wrong. I only get a error message. - But the idea sounds nice :slight_smile:

fixed?

Ooh. Perfect for me. I’m in.

The address is right. My friend told me this morning that Blogger disabled his account because they suspected the blog was spam.

:frowning: :frowning:

Yeah it all those links to download mirrors for .EXE files might have caused the confusion…

Is he certain he wasn’t hacked?

I suspect that ‘many articles created at once’ + ‘many links to commercial sites’ (make, parts dealers, and… here) was enough to trigger the link-spam detector. Shame!

Cool, I’ll keep an eye on it!

It’s back here

This is exactly where I’m at. I want to learn how those tiny, mysterious little creatures with legs that I like to bend actually works. I have been mening to ask about a good place to start. Your friends blog might well hold the answer.

He’s following the Make:Electronics book which covers many topics. 80% of this book is of no use if you only focus on audio/music applications, but it’s still worth learning :slight_smile:

If you decide to get this eBook, have a look here

Not interesting for europeans, as this book is available via Amazon way cheaper than from this site itself, due to shipping and taxes.

Shipping? E-books is where it’s at. But if you want a physical version that’s a valid point :slight_smile: There’s all sorts of pricing fail going on, competing with Amazon can’t be easy.

I need a print to put a bookmark in, else i clearly forget where i stopped reading :wink:

Bookmarked. Exactly what I need. All the books I bought where totally over my head except the “Dummies” one

second that, it’s a great book, the little I know about electronics I’ve got it from there… and from messing with stuff of course :slight_smile:

Then you have this one:

Here’s a link to Nick Collins site - Handmade Electronic Music
It’s a top notch site for newbies and electro-experi-mentalists. I’ve got his book which is well worth a read (if you sniff around google you should find a free pdf version although I’m not sure whether it’s a ‘pirate’ pdf or not.)