Testimonials

If you have things you want to say about the Shruthi (in a “short review” form) that I could post on the main Mutable Instruments site, please send it to me by email (mutable.instruments@gmail.com).

great idea! only the shruthi-1 or also the shruti-1 (without the final h)?

I think that whatever applies to the Shruti also applies to its younger sister. Those who have both can confirm… (which makes for another topic: shruti vs shruthi…)

okie! Then I’ll work on something! You want pictures/sound as well? Right now I only have the Shruti, but I am about to order the new one as well (waiting for the clock to reach 0) so I could even do the comparison thing!

Send whatever you want, from a one-liner to a full story :slight_smile:

Easy to use and fun!

short version: Easy to build, friendy forum, sounds great

Long version:
Its the best kit iv built, and iv built a few. Its easy to build and if you get stuck in the process the forum is really friendly and helpful.
And it sounds great! A really useful tool! iv used it in most of my productions since iv built it! Either as a sxf-tool for games or just for music.
What i find is the best feature of the shruti-1 is that you can just turn it on, press the test-tone button and in no time at all you have something interesting going on!

last question: deadline?

none… It’ll be a page on which I’ll add new testimonials whenever I receive them

Hi!
I started to write down my experience with the Shru(t)his and while I was typing on the keyboard I realized that I was actually writing a review… so I just kept on going…
The product of it is now on my blog:
http://weblog.papernoise.net/2010/12/i-think-its-time-for-a-shruthi-1-review/
I know it’s very long… I hope not too long.
You can use as much and whichever part you see fit for your testimonials page.

And here’s some pictures of the building process of my Shruti-1: http://weblog.papernoise.net/2010/08/shruti-1-the-somehow-happy-end-of-an-infinite-story/ I always forget to have pictures taken of the electronics soldering part… must do that next time!

I hope you can find something useful there…

… an amazing way to discover how a synth works.

Shruthi-1 + Arduinome:

Did you ever end up making that testimonials page?

Wow, I totally forgot about that. My gut feeling is that it’s not needed - cool videos and tracks could make much more :slight_smile:

yep! testimonials are for naff tv ads!

you’re right about the tracks and videos thing… well, once I find some time, I’ll be contributing to it, promise!

As a chipmusic musician who performs live, it is often a challenge to create a visceral live performance, and the shruthi-1 is a harsh beautiful organic digital synth that sounds at home alongside a NES as much as it does alongside a Minimoog. A warm and abrasive performance powerhouse, you will be surprised how many different roles it is capable of performing. I’m hooked!

Great vid man! Did you do all the stop motion yourself?
You make me feel ashamed of not having produced one Shruthi video since I got the device…
But as they say, the shoemaker’s son always goes barefoot…

Great vid? lol about 20 min of work plus 10 for uploading, 100% on an iphone: Shooted with an appz called StopMotion, FX with CinemaFXV, and the video is build under Splice…Thnx anyway :)))

But if a thing is great in this vidz, that’s this awesone little box one more time!

Waoooow 342 views in 2,5 dayz, Olivier ur little box is a Star!