Strange MIDI behavior

When switching patches in poly mode I hear a high pitch noisy digital sound. Only when in poly mode.

Poly mode(first 2-1, last 1-|) does not send control signals to last Shruthi. Patches and parameter changes don’t follow
the first. But ctr, split, and full do.

When changing synthesis parameters I here a light toggling click like that of an egg timer or alarm clock or, if turn is fast, like an old rotary telephone set through a hpf. This occurs with every parameter increment changed, on both the encoder and control knobs. This goes away when midi is set to none, thru, and seq. Above that the increment noise is introduced.

I want to mention that this is the first time I used this Shruthi since I put it together yesterday.
I woke up turned it on and thoroughly went through all of the screens and messed with all of the parameters. Everything worked as expected.Except for button five returned the same screen a few times (stayed the same/didn’t switch/or double-switched which I assumed could just be a mechanical issue with the button) and that I had a faint click happening when ever I pressed a key. I couldn’t get rid of it by gate tuning so I installed the optional 10u cap to see if that worked. I think it helped. It might not have been as strong as it was before. Not that it’s horrible but its definitely there. Then I remembered something about how v.94 handles the envelopes different(slower attack, …) and thought I’d update to that just by chance the click wasn’t filter-centric. After I updated the firmware is when I noticed the strange midi behavior. I reverted back to v.93 and it didn’t go away.

This looks like the MIDI out data bleeding through the audio path. In polychaining mode more data is sent to the MIDI out to synchronize MIDI parameters.

The thing that puzzles me is that the MIDI out seems to work in ctrl/split/full/thru modes but not in poly mode. Or have I misunderstood something?

The thing that puzzles me is that the MIDI out seems to work in ctrl/split/full/thru modes but not in poly mode.

I know, right. It’s weird.

Also I just noticed

When switching patches in poly mode I hear a high pitch noisy digital sound. Only when in poly mode.

When in ctr, split or full there is a click like the ones that occur when parameters are changed.

The thing that puzzles me is that the MIDI out seems to work in ctrl/split/full/thru modes but not in poly mode.

I put another Shruthi ahead of the chain keeping the others in the same position and now control changes are sending from 2 to 1 in poly, with or without 3. But 2 still won’t change the patch of 1. However, 3 will change the patch of all three.