So come up to the lab / and see what's on the slab / I see you shiver with antici

I felt like this might be the case… if OG Clouds isn’t (usually) a sound source in its own right, it would seem a little uncharacteristic of you to change that for Clouds 2.

it is kind of funny—it’s totally possible to use Clouds to create granular oscillator swarms (I just went over to mine and tried) but it’s not something people seem to have tried much.

I think I’m most intrigued by the bottom trace of the first post… feels almost phase accumulator-like, but definitely isn’t? … the time scale seems off, and increment changes too often and too discontinuously at the wrap point… what does an accumulator not accumulating for a period of time mean?

This all assuming the x axis is time… O.o

or maybe you’re working on your first generative solo album?

definitely it is time—I’d recognize an Audacity window anywhere :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

True, I’m getting ahead of myself! Too busy looking for a good conspiracy theory.

Maybe at least: some accumulating uint value, cast to float/scaled, output, and recorded in Audacity => DC coupled audio outputs? No real surprise though I suppose? Definitely some assumptions here though, for a rather unexciting conclusion.

The bottom trace looks like the ramp clock that Olivier described in the Marbles thread. Notice how whenever it resets there is an event in the third trace from the top (and the fifth trace).

Good point! And this makes the uint/casting/scaling parts of my last comment invalid, and reminds me that these are probably .wav outputs of one of Olivier’s test make targets, not actually being output by the module, hence no implication of DC-coupled outputs… as likely as these may be anyway!

Note that line 1203 highlighted in the right-hand editor pane references an attenuverter. Perhaps Teh New Thingie will bring its own modulation to the party.

I think all the new modules use digital attenuvertors, in which the attenuvertors pots aren’t in the input CV signal path, rather they just set a voltage that is read and that value informs scaling of the relevant input internally. The code at the line you mention is just hardcoding the attenuvertors value for the purposes of the testing being run on the development iMac.

So there’s no secret meaning behind that particular row being highlighted? I’m having a form of pareidolia in which I see meaning in places where they may not be any …

I guess your conclusion is right anyway. Though i don’t remember it has been stated anywhere, i feel like it’s the most obvious thing that random will be aboard, probably leaving you to attenuvert/route it to certain parameters, following the principle of the recent modules.

Maybe its a littlebit offtopic but can we expect a video from Olivier’s meeting at schneider’s laden? Like mr. Cwejman or mr. Devine’s videos at schneider’s vimeo page. Would be great :blush:

I don’t think so.

From the Mutable Instruments Instagram feed from a few days ago. Voltage-controlled wavefolders under microprocessor control - at least two channels, maybe four.

From the great lines forum…
Message by Olivier.:

pichenettes
2d
There will be a new module from Mutable Instruments to explore the territory of audio manipulations that can be described as multi-head replay of material recorded live in a buffer. Time-domain only. Paulstretch / spectral stuff is off-topic - I’m not happy >with the latency it introduces, and the fact that when >you process FFT slices, all CV modulations become inherently limited to the FFT frame rate (which is fairly low if you want that nice paulstretchy smudge).

The feature set is frozen, the firmware is written, the hardware is currently being revised. The module uses an STM32H7 MCU which is for now only available in >“preview” quantities.

Morphagene, Nebulae v2 and g0 are focused on a >“single-stream” vision - which is not my approach for >Clouds (original or revised). The concept of >spreading/randomizing grain parameters to create a >mass of sound will become more obvious (and no, it’s >not just a matter of sending white noise to unpatched >attenuverters).

The overall vibe is Rings-like; Very usable as a >standalone thing but then it’ll sound like itself and the >way I like things to sound. Use more external modules >and CVs to “appropriate it”. I expect it to look >deceptively empty and dumb - I expect some reactions >similar to what I read when Plaits was released (vs >Braids).

Oh man this is exactly what i had hoped for!

Intriguing…

thank you for the glimpse :rosette:

Oh man another blurred module :wink:
I also really love the idea that rings and tides are his favorite modules.
Tides was my first module and is also my favorite. My agenda includs Tides birthday <3