So come up to the lab / and see what's on the slab / I see you shiver with antici

What’s generative synthesis? It sounds kind of redundant…

ahh forgive me, i meant generative music.

Cross-posted from the MI FB page:

https://vimeo.com/161948778

That is a very soothing video. :slight_smile:

Is the QA done a the factory, with the mutable tester?

> Is the QA done a the factory, with the mutable tester?

Yes, though the “tester” doesn’t test anything in the sense that it doesn’t take measurements that result in a PASS / FAIL choice. It generates signals for testing, and the PASS / FAIL decision is either the technician’s judgement or a measurement on a computer screen.

Most digital modules have companion Linux software that reads the state of the hardware module, check for inconsistencies between pot positions or CV values and ADC readouts, and inconsistencies between the output of the module and reference signals.

Very nice. Thank’s for showing this part of mutables.

Always very much in awe about the speed modern pick’n’place machines are working at. Is the factory running multiple lines, or is it one batch at a time?

> Most digital modules have companion Linux software that reads the state of the hardware module, check for inconsistencies between pot positions or CV values and ADC readouts, and inconsistencies between the output of the module and reference signals.

Is the modules running a special firmware for these test? I’m starting getting into to debug implementations for some projects at work, so interesting to see how that kind of stuff is done around.

> Is the factory running multiple lines, or is it one batch at a time?

They have several SMT lines, I don’t think they have several of my boards in parallel on all lines. I’m just one of their customers…

> Is the modules running a special firmware for these test?

No, the code for this is part of the main firmware. It is activated only when the settings/calibration flash is blank when the module boots.

An all in one “generative music” module would totally miss the point. Why not build this yourself with clock dividers, quantizers, random sources?

This used to be a goldmine for feeding the rumour mill. Why have this thread become so quiet? With both Trails and Veils cancelled there is only the mythical sequencer left. It has to be some hints about that one somewhere?

Well, there’s the mysterious new Elements/Rings partner module…

Only a mixer out and case is missing for a full MI system!

> full MI system!

I’ve totally given up on that goal (which is more about vanity that providing something meaningful to a musician…)

>there is only the mythical sequencer left

Hmm, im aware of 3 modules currently in the works, not including the sequencer (if indeed there will be one at all). And thats not from any real inside knowledge… Thats just going on info given in this forum here n there…
So we’re aware of the Rings/Elements supplementary module. Plus 2 utility modules of some kind.

The cancelled Veils may have been one of those two utility modules…

a|x

“I’ve totally given up on that goal (which is more about vanity that providing something meaningful to a musician…)”

I only hope you have a future vanity surge because I would love to see an MI take on a shared system-type instrument

Or maybe just different “chef´s suggestion” MI-only combos that MI might consider recommending (not selling, we would source individual modules).

There is a new module video on fb page of MI…
Is it a sequencer?

shiftr> There is a new module video on fb page of MI… Is it a sequencer?

This one?

That video was posted months ago, no?