Slide/Tie + Sequencer + Jam mode

Hi guys, can someone point me in the right direction for proper use of slide/tie with the sequencer, in jam mode? It doesn’t seem to work at all for me - I get the exact same envelope re-trigger with either - or ♪. It’s supposed to hold the envelope and just change the pitch of the note, yes? And if legato is on and portamento > 0 in the system menu, do portamento as well?

Thanks!

I don’t have a MIDI cable handy to check this with normal sequencer triggers from MIDI. Does it work as I described that way?

Can anyone help with this? Even triggering the sequence by MIDI (no jam mode) I can’t get slide/tie to work. Legato + Porta works fine when just playing notes via MIDI, but doesn’t work with sequencer.

Thanks

That’s odd. I think you just have to overlap the notes to get slide to work. There isn’t a way to apply accent to notes via MIDI, though, to my knowledge. I did ask Olivier to implement accent on MIDI-triggered notes with high velocity values, but I don’t think he implemented it.

a|x

Yeah that works - if I trigger it directly with MIDI and have overlapping notes. But when using the sequencer mode inside the Shruthi, you can set notes to ‘-’ which according to the manual is a slide/tie style note. But this isn’t working for me in 1.02…

Ah, sorry, I thought you were talking about the Anushri, for some reason. Sorry about that.

a|x

No worries. I’ve checked the firmware changelog and it hasn’t been taken out or anything.

Does no one else use the slide/tie function of the sequencer? Even the default init sequence has ties programmed in that don’t have any effect… I must be doing something wrong?