Shruti use as master for a drum machine?

Someone would have have an idea to use Shruti as master for a drum machine ?
No midi clock out for shruti unfortunately, just the ability to transmit the notes generated by the internal sequencer.
I would like:
Keyboard or a one trick pony midi controller
to Shruti midi in
Shruti midi out to a drum machine

I have not really found a solution

The Shruthi-1 internal clock is not precise enough to output a MIDI clock. Why don’t you do the opposite, and slave the Shruthi-1 to the drum machine? Another option is to use a MIDIpal as a master clock for both machines.

Because I also want to connect a keyboard to the Shruti midi in, then I should merge two signals : drum and keyboard to Shruti midi ini
Yes I thought about midipal, but I have the same problem : midipal to shruti in AND drum machine —> two signals
I can use a merge box but I was looking for the simplest solution

Some midikeyboards send midi clock out… what keyboard do you have?

??! … keyboard to Midipal in , midipal out to Shruti in, shruti thru to drum machine … ? …It should work

The Shruthi-1 will forward the clock messages it receives to its MIDI out, so this can be used to get them into the drum machine.

> keyboard to Midipal in , midipal out to Shruti in, shruti thru to drum machine … ? …It should work

Yes, this should work, this setup is equivalent to using a keyboard with a built-in clock source.

@pichenettes : you said - The Shruthi-1 will forward the clock messages it receives to its midi out - : heuuu … to its midi IN no ?

@shiftr : it’s a Novation remote, it doesn’t send midi clock, i think Novation SL can do that for exemple …

Thanks !

no if the Shruthi-1 receives a MIDI clock message from the MIDI in it will send it to the MIDI out.

Oups ok : bad translation for me ! Thank you !

I think I found a Yamaha RX21 who can send midi clock, and a low cost midi merger.
I’ll try RX21 out to merger in, The FOTPMC (Fcd72-One-Trick-Pony-Midi-Controller) to merger in, and merger out to Shruti in
This should work … !