Shruthi1 starts beeping

Hello… me again :slight_smile:

after some fails and resoldering parts of my shruthi there is finally everything working… except 1 thing.
when i trigger alot of signals… alot means for example a basic triplebassline the shruthi starts beeping and i cant stop it until i switch the shruthi of… that only happens if there are fast triggers of notes and not when i play smoothed on it…

any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to say that even if the shruthi is beeping all the time when i trigger another note it gets played normally for that key hit… and then beep again…

okay… i think i found something… after i replugged the midi-in the shruthi goes crazy… it jumps in the sections with no reason…

i found that cause in the jam mode i can do everything and there is also clear sound…

should i relook the solder points of the midis? or could it be something else?

You can try pluggint the midi cable into your computers midi input and sniff the data sent on the cable. Maybe your midi source (keyboard, computer or whatever it is) is sending crazy stuff.

hi and thanks for ur reply.
i already checked that with another device. additionally i can log with my DAW if and which signals are leaving via MIDI…
there arent any signals while the shruthi goes crazy :-/

hmm. Weird. Any audio demos? Does the screen indicate anything? (e.g. for note on messages there is a symbol lightling up on the screen edge)

Yes… weird…
Will record a sample when I’m home…

Does it still react to button presses or is it completely frozen?

it reacts… it beeeps all the time but while it beeps i can press any key on my keaboard and it gets played to instantly continue beeping after the hit…

sorry i cant upload any audio right now… im not at my studio right now.

Sounds like there’s a high note (C8 or the like) which is stuck…

so… it seemed that the midi was working so i tried to make a firmware update. in hope that it will fix the problem. but now… the shruthi seemed to be bricked and new tries to update the firmware cancels all the time cause it seems now the midi plug needs to be in the perfect position to hold the datastream. most of the time the blinking just stops and nothing happens anymore.

i give up for today…

Hmm. There needs to be a little delay between the sysex packets. I know that C6 has the option to increase this delay. Maybe that’s something to try.

Yes, try C6 with a delay setting of 250ms or more. But it is more likely that there are still problems with bad solder joints around the MIDI socket and the optocopler.

> It seemed that the midi was working so i tried to make a firmware update.

Why?

If this was a known bug that would have required a firmware update, I would have told you straight away. It’s very, very rare that I release products with firmware bugs; and the flash memory storing the firmware never corrupts itself.

Yes sorry my fault… it was just that i like to have newest Firmware on all of my Hardware… doesnt matter if it’s ur product or any other stuff. I just thought that it can’t hurt to do an update…

Anyways… there is a Problem with the 8 Pin Power connection… if it’s plugged in i have to softly Push the Boards in different diagonal directions to power everything… but I can’t find a bad solder… maybe I have to buy a new one.

so… it drives me crazy… now this happens when ill try to update the firmware.

push s6 and power the shruthi. led 1,3,5,7 lit… start flash with elektron c6 but no led starts blinking… doesnt matter which setting in elektron.

when i power up the shruthi with no button held the leds 2,4,6,8 lit. and regardless what i do… the lcd always shows only the upper line bright… sorry… the time has come when i really feel like i cant assemble stuff… i was always good in technical stuff but this little shruthi drives me crazy…

cheers

Could you have cut the pins of the male header too short?

a|x

Have you resoldered ALL solder joints of the control board? I saw your picture of the board in your other thread with a lot of very bad solder joints.
Maybe post new pictures of both sides, so we can rule that out.

Sorry im not at home. I will try to flash the Firmware with another pc/midi and if it’s not working i will Upload pics! Thanks for ur help

Edit: i reflashed it and it worked till the end of the flash. all leds started blinking one by one and at the end all leds are lit… but then nothing happens :frowning:

Please send us some photos of your board. It doesn’t make much sense trying to fix things, that probably aren’t broken. Troubleshooting should go bottom-up. So lets check the soldering first and move on from there. Everything else ist just a waste of time.

Sorry for the delay. At work I can’t be online that much…

Here are the pics… i know the soldering of the lcd trimpot looks worse but it’s terrible to solder these Pins… and the trimpot works, so i didnt Touch it lately…

Thanks again for ur help!