Shruthi1 build/shruthi1/depends.mk: No such file or directory

Unable to start the build! Does anyone have a recommendation on how to fix it?
Also, copy the environment over to my Mac Book Pro and get the same error.
Downloaded from: https://github.com/pichenettes/shruthi-1

Begin:
D:\WinAVR-20090313\Shruthi>sh

sh-2.04$ make -f makefile
avrlib/makefile.mk:199: build/shruthi1/depends.mk: No such file or directory
shruthi/makefile:29: build/shruthi1/depends.mk: No such file or directory
mkdir -p build/shruthi1/
/usr/local/CrossPack-AVR/bin/avr-g++ -MM -mmcu=atmega644p -I. -g -Os -w -Wall -DF_CPU=20000000 -D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -DDISABLE_DEFAULT_UART_RX_ISR -DATMEGA644P -DSERIAL_RX_0 -mcall-prologues -fno-exceptions avrlib/adc.cc -MF build/shruthi1/adc.d -MT build/shruthi1/adc.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, /usr/local/CrossPack-AVR/bin/avr-g++ -MM -mmcu=atmega644p -I. -g -Os -w -Wall -DF_CPU=20000000 -D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -DDISABLE_DEFAULT_UART_RX_ISR -DATMEGA644P -DSERIAL_RX_0 -mcall-prologues -fno-exceptions avrlib/adc.cc -MF build/shruthi1/adc.d -MT build/shruthi1/adc.o, …) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [build/shruthi1/adc.d] Error 2

Next morning!

I have created depends.mk NULL file

D:\WinAVR-20090313\Shruthi\build\shruthi1\depends.mk

That got me to the next error:

The make file is for Apple or Linux environment.

My environment is Windows 10

So my WINAVR is located D:\WinAVR-20090313\avr\bin

I need to edit the makefile with /usr/local/CrossPack-AVR/bin/ to /d/WinAVR-20090313/avr/bin
Will test in 15 minutes to see if this works. I will post the results!

Error currently below!

mkdir -p build/shruthi1/
**/usr/local/CrossPack-AVR/bin/**avr-g++ -MM -mmcu=atmega644p -I. -g -Os -w -Wall -DF_CPU=20000000 -D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -DDISABLE_DEFAULT_UART_RX_ISR -DATMEGA644P -DSERIAL_RX_0 -mcall-prologues -fno-exceptions avrlib/adc.cc -MF build/shruthi1/adc.d -MT build/shruthi1/adc.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, /usr/local/CrossPack-AVR/bin/avr-g++ -MM -mmcu=atmega644p -I. -g -Os -w -Wall -DF_CPU=20000000 -D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -DDISABLE_DEFAULT_UART_RX_ISR -DATMEGA644P -DSERIAL_RX_0 -mcall-prologues -fno-exceptions avrlib/adc.cc -MF build/shruthi1/adc.d -MT build/shruthi1/adc.o, …) failed.

Changing the to the above AVR directory by editing the makefile.mk in avrlib gave me a new error.

mkdir -p build/shruthi1/
/d/WinAVR-20090313/avr/binavr-g++ -MM -mmcu=atmega644p -I. -g -Os -w -Wall -DF_CPU=20000000 -D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -DDISABLE_DEFAULT_UART_RX_ISR -DATMEGA644P -DSERIAL_RX_0 -mcall-prologues -fno-exceptions avrlib/adc.cc -MF build/shruthi1/adc.d -MT build/shruthi1/adc.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, /d/WinAVR-20090313/avr/binavr-g++ -MM -mmcu=atmega644p -I. -g -Os -w -Wall -DF_CPU=20000000 -D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -DDISABLE_DEFAULT_UART_RX_ISR -DATMEGA644P -DSERIAL_RX_0 -mcall-prologues -fno-exceptions avrlib/adc.cc -MF build/shruthi1/adc.d -MT build/shruthi1/adc.o, …) failed.

Will now edit makefile.mk

with /d/WinAVR-20090313/avr/bin to /d/WinAVR-20090313/avr/bin/

New error:
make -f makefile
mkdir -p build/shruthi1/
/d/WinAVR-20090313/avr/bin/avr-g++ -MM -mmcu=atmega644p -I. -g -Os -w -Wall -DF_CPU=20000000 -D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -DDISABLE_DEFAULT_UART_RX_ISR -DATMEGA644P -DSERIAL_RX_0 -mcall-prologues -fno-exceptions avrlib/adc.cc -MF build/shruthi1/adc.d -MT build/shruthi1/adc.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, /d/WinAVR-20090313/avr/bin/avr-g++ -MM -mmcu=atmega644p -I. -g -Os -w -Wall -DF_CPU=20000000 -D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -DDISABLE_DEFAULT_UART_RX_ISR -DATMEGA644P -DSERIAL_RX_0 -mcall-prologues -fno-exceptions avrlib/adc.cc -MF build/shruthi1/adc.d -MT build/shruthi1/adc.o, …) failed.

Okay, I need to find out why adc.o is an issue!

Okay, I’m Halted as to why avrlib/adc.cc file is present and does not build out to object file.

-MF build/shruthi1/adc.d -MT build/shruthi1/adc.o, …) failed.

The solution has been found!

The answer is change:

Edit the avrlib/makefile.mk file (extended by all makefiles) to change the path (AVR_TOOLS_PATH / **AVR_ETC_PATH**) to the directory containing the AVR toolchain. This path depends on your system.

Now I have the firmware: shruthi1.hex and ready to upload to wonderful product Mutable Instruments has created.

This information below had the missing piece of information I needed:
https://mutable-instruments.net/archive/shruthi/firmware/

On to the next Mutable Instrument board!

end of topic