Shruthi XT

Early preview of the panel

Very nice!

a|x

What he said!

Hmm… I think I’d have arranged the oscillator, LFO and env controls top-to-bottom, rather than the other way round. That’s just a personal thing though. I’m sure I’d get used to it this way round. It’s perfectly logical.

When can I get one?

Are the metal cases for the ‘standard’ Shruthi-1s going to appear in the store before the XT boards and cases, I wonder?

a|x

Sold.

> Are the metal cases for the ‘standard’ Shruthi-1s going to appear in the store before the XT boards and cases, I wonder?

Probably - Adrian’s cases are almost ready. This will need more time. It’ll be a matte plexi + aluminium combo.

@pichenettes matte plexi box and aluminium faceplate?

a|x

Will you be selling assembled units? W or w/o filter boards?

toneburst: yes

herrprof: I will have a proto and/or a kit I’ll have built to check all parts are there.

This will be sold as a complete kit with SMR4 filter board.

but it will still work with other filters, correct?

yes

Lovely
One thing. On my last Shruthi XT i made for someone i added a nice big power button on the back. Somehow this really made it feel so much better to be able to switch it on and off with a big clicky power switch.
I also would find it more logical to have it top to bottom. But this way the mixer aligns nicely with the sub osc.
I would like the word ‘SYSTEM’ in stead of the word ‘OPTIONS’

@shiftr the volume pot could double as an on/off switch. It’s like that on my Poly-800, and I quite like it. Turn it all the way down and it turns the synth off.

a|x

@toneburst… but that’s dangerous! volume down ‘click’ … nice patch lost!. Doesn’t it make it kind of feel like a radio?

Looks great.

So the case won’t be available separately for us that already have boards? I would love to put my soon to be built yellow magic or 4 pole in this case.

I really love the design. <3

You have one of the few hardware panel designs that I like. Most of the synths/modules look boring, ugly or catastrophic.

> So the case won’t be available separately for us that already have boards?

There wouldn’t be a big difference between a full kit and a kit without filter board. It’s not just a case: there are also the matching Rogan knobs, and of course the XT control board.

The Volume knob is a software knob (it scales the VCA CV) - though there are an extra set of pads if you want to connect it straight to the filter board.

Woohoo, looks great :slight_smile: I agree with toneburst, 1 to 2 top to bottom makes more sense to me too.

Excuse me for asking but…
Why would you want a digital volume knob?

Oh… and i think the numbering on the pots under the screen is a bit weird… the numbers don’t really have a function and they are above the knobs instead of under like all the others…