Shruthi XT Metal Case

Hi Adrian, do you have one for me as well? :slight_smile:

Everybody who sent me your e-mail and wish will get one.
I’ll start sending out some e-mails now.
Really busy with day work. Lately only have time in weekends, but I try that you all get the case before Christmas.

I was on the list ?

So, I’m missing the actual buttons to put on top of my switches… I don’t really feel like spending 20€ on mouser shipping just for that, anybody would sell me some spare ? Or have a better sourcing idea ?
I used thoses switches and I think theses caps are the one.
Thanks !

I need to order also these. Maybe we could make a group buy?

I am in ! I would take at least 50 pcs in black.

Cool ! I’d actually need only 20 of them, just for the one shruthi XT… I don’t mind the colour, black, grey or white, witchever’s the most easy to organise.

Cases arrived safely this morning. Looking awesome!
Well packed and with all the tiny bits needed.
Thank you for your work Adrian.

Case arrived safely this morning. Looking awesome!
Well packed and with all the tiny bits needed.
Thank you for your work Adrian.

Me too:)
Any construction tips?

Hi Adrian, how many would you need and what colour ?

I will make a instruction, but for now I write quick instruction here.
First loosen all black screws.
5mm spacers go under Voice card. From other side of case fastened with washer and screw. From PCB side with 3mm nut.
5mm+20mm+3mm nut will make 28mm and it goes for MOBO. From other side of case fastened with washer and screw. From PCB side with screw.
Bottom holes are bigger so you can position the PCB’s.
Switch goes in after fastening upper plate.

If you have LCD, then it will be flush with face plate. If OLED, then it will be below face plate and you can use display window.

@nightworxx maybe gray and black both 50pcs. I think I need to make a Mouser order, so I’ll order some extra.
What colors you need?

Hm, i need some more stuff besides the caps, so i’ll have to order myself. Maybe clemdu wants to join you ?

I do ! PM’ed

Finished :slight_smile:
http://www.goltstein.nl/Shruthi_XT_Metal

My case arrived today. Thanks!

i know half the people here just flip and sell so if anyone wants to sell an assembled case with controller board lemme know :smiley:

So I got mine today (thanks Adrian ! :slight_smile: And Yes, it is gorgeous. How did you guys deal with the lightpipes ? Glue ? I remember doing that on a LXR and ending up with something not pretty…

Anyway, I had to desolder the LED, it went pretty badly, need to fix that first…

For the lightpipes should be small pieces of rubber tube included, to fix them from the inside.
Tough luck for me was that my self-sourced LEDs were 0,5 mm too high, so i was forced to be creative !

Received one black and one white case yesterday. They look fantastic! :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot Adrian!