Shruthi-Synthesizer and my "WAVE 1"

Ok! Then it’s really great that the ADC in differential mode can work this way!

Andre have made a new case designe beta15

Greetings and good night everybody :slight_smile:

Yes, that one looks really good!

Yea kinda gassing for it now

Hi , ves i have make a severat trys - the old GUI was only for a first impression . Now i hake the real hardware to figure out how the dimensions are . So i had to do some changings because of the Knobs we want to use . The last three days i must drwa the elements like switches , Knobs, LCD’s encoders in Target .

Ahh , one info for the electronic guys . A 700 point version of Target 3001 is 4Free .- all functions free. Usable for commercial . Here:

• there are 2 Versions - one full but the full version only works with the PCB manufacturer , and the 700 Points version .
    Important , the 700 point version costs normally 250 euro- but on distrelec this version is free and full compatible to the sales version . So Rolf and me can change the schematics and PCB’s
    Maybe you need a PCB- prog and find the link helpfull.

Greets
Andre’

De-Generator CPU Board - in works .
Hi, actual we work on the CPU board. If it works , the rest is ( not realy ) easy - but easier .
A am actual in the PCB .
Greets
Andre’

Hello friends
Since the development of the boards a bit lasts, I have used the time and worked to improve the GUI on LCD screen. Thus one can distinguish the menu pages could have this now colored frames that are sorted by functional group. For example, have the menu pages for the oscillator all a blue frame and the LFO’s a green frame.

Pic 1:
The filter page was also revised. When you set filter function of the frequency response and resoncy the response is displayed as a graphic filter curve. A small Scope window on the right displays the waveform of the filter output in real time.

Pic 2:
The MiniScope has now obtained a better trigger function. The trigger level can now be set to negative amplitude values. On the left side shows a small yellow arrow on the set level. If the trigger level is set to 0, the trigger function is deactivated.
Next, the oscillator engine is on the agenda. I want to simplify the operating concept somewhat. This is then somewhat simpler all things.
Until nights post and have a nice weekend.
Greeting Rolf

Hey …

Andre has the CPU board now developed ready. I need to check for errors, and if all is well this week are the first boards ordered in China now. I’m curious…

The two header rows K3 and K4 connect the CPU board via two ribbon cables from the control panel for the LCD display, buttons and encoders. The remaining pin headers are connected to the motherboard and is responsible for power, audio and control lines. The two 8-pin header rows on the left side of the CPU board absorbed card socket for a secure and firm hold of the SD.

Pics: DE-GENERATOR CPU board

Cool ! We will wait impatiently…

Hello … me again

Monday just is always busy and for me too in the development workshop.

To its “unlimited” way of sound production to increase the DE GENERATOR yet, the 128 fixed waveforms can now be downloaded as a waveform bank of the SD card. Overall, there is a possibility to 128 * 100 Waveforms and 128 * 100 Sample files to access. A waveform bank consists of 128 individual 256-byte waveforms. This can make on a PC with an audio editor (Audacity) and copied to the SD card. On the Oscillator page you can access waveform banks and sample-file banks. An editing of the waveform bank is currently not provided in DE-GENERATOR.

With mode switch you can selection of waveform or sample-file.

Pics: WAVEFORM and Sample-File selection

Hey. What am I doing…

I’m currently working on a few Midi function for DE: GENERATOR. A little function is a Midi note management (Note Stack).
The notestack does the following: When I play a MIDI note, which marks number is stored at position 1 in NoteStack and played the sound of the synthesizer. Now… I let release the note, then the note is deleted from the note stack and the tone is muted. Simple…

But now we press two notes successively. Almost happened: Firstly the 1.Note is stored at position 1 in NoteStack and played the tone. After that 2.Note is press is stored at 2.place in notestack and played the tone for the 2.Note. Now there are two notes on the NoteStack. The 1.Note at place 1 and 2.Note at place 2. Do I now 2.Note release, the 2.Note is cleared on 2nd place in the notestack and synthesizer is played the tone for the 1.Note.

Same is happened when the 1.Note is released and the 2.Note is still played. Thereby the 1.Note is then deleted at No. 1 in the note stack and moved the 2.Note place. 1 The tone for the 2.Note is played without interruption. A total of 16 notes will be managed in the notestack.

Code example in 2.pic

Greetings Rolf

Hey …

Today the CPU boards for the DE:GENERATOR arrived from China. We have ordered 10 pieces for test. Now we go to the SMD soldering. Let’s see if we are making it ?

Pic: CPU PCB for DE:GENERATOR

Greetings from germany. Rolf

looking good!

I don’t seem to see pics sometimes on mobile does anyone else get this? no link, no pic. Still great hearing about yr synth Rolf your dedication is inspiring, good luck with the final push!

Have the same issue here, but only on my phone. iPad works fine…strange !

Hallo bendy_john

Thanks.

I have a same problem on my smartphone (Android 5.1). I can not see pics in mutable-instruments forum.

My PC is my best toy… forever :wink:

Yes, you get the mobile version of the forum on smart phones, which means attachments aren’t visible. In the lower right corner there’s a link to ‘Full Site’.
Cheers

Hallo zusammen…
Für den DE:GENERATOR planen wir jetzt das Motherboard. Auf dem Motherboard (siehe Bild) sitzt die Spannungsversorgung, Midi Schnittstelle, VCA, Fx (Delay Schaltung) und Audio Ein/Ausgang. Das Filter- und CPU-Board werden später auf das Motherboard gesteckt. Da auf dem CPU-Board einige SMD Bauteile sitzen, wird sie von uns gelötet und getestet ausgeliefert. Jetzt gibt es noch ein paar Details zu klären, die den externen Audio Eingang auf dem Motherboard betreffen. Dann wird Andre mit dem Layouten beginnen.

Hello everybody… Now we plan the motherboard for the DE:GENERATOR. On the motherboard (see picture) implements the power supply, midi interface, VCA, Fx (delay circuit) and audio input / output. The Filter- and CPU-board are inserted later on the motherboard contacts. Some SMD components implement on the CPU board, it is delivered soldered and tested by us.

The audio input is not finished yet. We are considering to integrate a microphone amplifier ?. Then Andre will start with the layouts.

Pic 1: DE:GENERATOR Motherboard
Pic 2: Audio Input on the Motherboard

Wow, looks like this is getting bigger than i actually thought it would - awesome work, guys !

I dont think integrating a mic preamp is worth the effort. Most people will have some sort of mixing desk/audio interface that does the job.