Shruthi-Synthesizer and my "WAVE 1"

Hallo again!

For sample recording i have programming a VU-Meter with Peak-Hold function.

Look at here: VU-Meter with Peak-Hold

This is a very good idea, Great job !

in some case, red light at 0db, is nearly ok,
otherwise, in some machines, when it reach 0db it distort immediattely
Rolf, can you say wich case will be for your De-genarator?

Denis

The record value is 8Bit. Max value are 255 and red light (0dB).

The case has not yet be final designe. We think a metal front panel, and the rest with transparent plastic and the wooden side panels.

Hallo Friends…

For sample recording i have implement some modes: Threshold, NoteOn and Key

Youtube: Recording with Threshold function

@ Denis , maybe from Adrian , but i have found here also a new company with a Laser cutter , this a for alu, VA , and metal . So i think we will make the case made of VA , or elox ALU in - black, red , haha . a silver machine…

man, man , i hope i cans start with the making of —PCB’s.
Greets

Andre’

What do I do now?

I have made a little break for my development and bought some new things for my DDAW (Digital Development and Audio Workstation). I bought a new silent PC system with an Intel core i5-4690 processor. My AMD PC was old and do not work reliably. The next thing was a new sound mixer from Behringer Xenyx QX1222 USB with 12 audio channels and digital effect engine. Now… i can easily mixing and recording samples for my synthesizer :slight_smile:

The next investment is an little audio interface for my new pc. I thought of the Focusrite Scarlett solo or the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. I do not know ?

The Top 10 Best Audio Interfaces

Greetings from germany. Rolf

Hi…

The analog sound connect from my computer to the sound mixer have 50Hz interference problem and noise. The problem is the Ground connect from computer to sound mixer. To prevent this I bought a lowcost S/PDIF audio converter from swissonic. It has an digital optical S/PDIF input and two analog RCA outputs with 24Bit/192KHz.

SPDIF audio converter

I opened the small white box and looked what’s inside (see pic). First we have the SPDIF decoder chip CS8416 from Cirrus Logic. This chip converts the serial S/PDIF data in a digital audio format (I2S) for the 24Bit DAC. The I2S output of the CS8416 is connect with 24-bit stereo DAC CE2711 from CEI Microlelectronics. This converts the digital I2C data into an analog 24Bit audio signal. About two low-noise amplifiers TS972 which are connected as low-pass filter, the audio signal is applied to the two Chich outputs. The manufacturer indicates for the 24-bit DAC SNR of 100dB one, which is more than adequate for my semi-professional claims.

The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 is probably a decent audio interface. I used to have a Native Instrument Audio Komplete 6 and that was a great interface, can really recommend it. Though it costs a bit more than the Focusrite. It really depends a bit on what you want to do with it, though I found having an extra pair of Line inputs and more outputs quite handy in many occasions.
Not sure about that Behringer Mixer. They make a lot of very decent (and sometimes even good) hardware, but mixers are not among these. I used to have a smaller XENYX mixer and it had absolutely no headroom, plus the amplifiers are kind of noisy. How does this bigger model work for you?
What are you running on that computer, Windows 7?

My Systhem is Win7 HP 64Bit

The USB audio interface in the Behringer mixer is very good (16Bit/48KHz) but you can not recording this audio signal from mixer. Its only send to main out and headphone out. For this reason I need the audio signal from computer and connect this in the mixer input.

yeah USB audio on mixers… is a bit of a mixed bag (unintended pun).

I have update the MiniScope in my Synthesizer . The draw routine is now very fast. In the fist step I draw old line in black color and clear it. Next i draw new line in white color.

MiniScope on youtube

I have made a new MiniScope exaple with sound: Arduino MiniScope

Hallo friends…

On Saturday 11/21/2015, many musicians meet again in Bocholt (Germany) for DINOSAUR- MEETING. There are many analog and digital synthesizers to see and live acts. Andre from company TubOhm and I present the prototype of DE:GENERATOR and other DIY Kits Shruthi, Ambika, and more. The publicstart is Saturday from 17 clock.

More info on facebook

Adress on google maps

Kulturort Alte Molkerei Bocholt e.V.
Wertherstr. 16, 46395 Bocholt

I missed that meeting, i almost went :slight_smile:
Any pics of the prototype Rolf?

Hey together …

Also from me a very great praise and thanks to Thorsten and his Dino team. It was a great event with lots of interesting and nice people.
Although we arrived very late, the construction was not a problem. Already at the entrance we were greeted warmly and were able to build peace in our technology.
I was surprised how neat and structured each has built its technology. Actually, I had a “creative chaos” expects wink
For our technology, we had enough space and power connection at the table. Just in time by 17 clock went off.
The atmosphere was very familiar and friendly. I have taken many positive impressions and contacts to Wuppertal.
With my smartphone I shot a little video spot and hope you like it.

Youtube Video

Hey …

If you’re wondering what I’m doing …

I just upgrade the file system on the SD card 4GB my synthesizer. This includes saving or deleting samples and presets. That function not very complicated, but the work goes again in the details. A pic shows the folder structure on the SDCard.

There are three folder PRESET, SAMPLE and SYSTEM on the SD card. In folder ‘Preset’ stored are sound parameters, userwave table and if available an sample file for the sound. The folder ‘SAMPLE’ includes complete sample library. Here you can load, save or delete samples, without any influence on the preset sounds. This allows you, for example, modify or replace, to go without danger that change the preset sounds, If a preset has a sample file, this is always stored in the preset folder.

In folder ‘System’ is system-relevant datas, images, sequencer data, userwave table and the current MIDI CC table. The userwave table consists of 128 fixed waveforms with 256 bytes in size, and can be freely exchanged. This provides the user with endless possibilities of sound design available.

Greeting Rolf

Great to see your project is progressing. I’m surprised what you manage to pack into this tiny processor!

New …
Did the 1.Menü side on my synth now completely revised. For each sound program the file size and waveform (Sample-File or Waveform) are displayed now.
The loading of a sound program now works twice as fast as before.

Thus one does not lose the focus when searching a sound in other sound banks, the current Sound program will be marked in gray and displayed under MiniScope again.

Soon I’m doing a video about the file functions.

Image: Menu page 'Sound Program

Hey …

Time flies there and you get the feeling to no longer have much time, you still want to do things for. So I’m feeling at the moment.

On DE: GENERATOR there are some changes. To simplify the operation are now 8 buttons available. In addition, there on the front panel two potentiometers. These can be freely programmed for modulation purposes. Thus the whole is even more colorful, there for controlling the LFO’s now three LED bulbs. The plan is still lighting the DATA encoder with blue LED’s.

DE: GENERATOR