Shruthi Power Supply

Hi there,

i will soon begin to mount my Shruthi (my previous exprience is with a Paia Theremin).

And i’ve got an existential question regarding the external power supply, what is the max amperage that this power supply should deliver?

Is that kind of thing (http://www.castorama.fr/store/Chargeur-universel-1200-mA-WattCo-prod4830034.html?isSearchResult=true&navAction=jump) ok or should i go with something lighter like this (http://www.selectronic.fr/bloc-secteur-multi-tensions-non-regule-2.html).

Thanks

A.

the 300mA would be perfect. there’s no max though, because the device always draws only as much as it needs.

from the Shruthi specifications page:

Hardware and connectors

power: 2.1mm connector, requires 7.5V-9V 300mA supply (can be unregulated).
Center pin positive (+), outer collar negative (-)

300 mA is plenty.

Thanks,

sorry i missed this page - i keep searching in the assembly instructions page, my bad.

Hallo aldux :slight_smile:

Shruthi Synth need DC-Power not AC-Power.

See Shruthi - Specifications: power: 2.1mm connector, requires 7.5V-9V 300mA supply (can be unregulated). Center pin positive (+), outer collar negative (-)

Greetings Rolf

Thanks to everyone, i feel really stupid to have missed this page…

Never feel stupid. We can all do stupid things sometimes but this is a very forgiving crowd.

no way. better ask one time too much than destroy stuff by plugging in something

Do people tend to go with 9v, out of availability? Or would 7.5 be the ideal voltage for this? Just wondering about sourcing a couple of dedicated switched-mode PSUs for mine, rather than use the old multi-V adapters I’m currently using (which crank out the heat and worry me, frankly). Need to pick a voltage. :slight_smile:

7,5. But there are decent MultiVoltage Switching Power Supplies nowadays for under 10€…

Cool, thanks. Oh yeah, it’s just most of the multi ones I find tend to have those interchangeable connectors; I’d rather still with a single permanent 2.1mm barrel.

Cut the connector and solder a 2.1mm one - i did this on pretty much all of mine…

Interestingly (, i measured the PSU ive been using with my shruthi, and it measured 15v) Is this because there was no load?

Or the shruthi is fine at this voltage?

EDIT, shoudl habe said, its nominally 9v.

cheers, bEN

Try loading it with a 1k resistor and see if it drops a bit. 15V is close to being harmful to the LT1054.