Shruthi MIDI

Hi, the MIDI on my Shruthi has stopped working, I replaced the 6n137 chip, that didn’t work…is there anything else I can check?

Thanks

Is the midi socket ok? has it been forced of pushed? Is the cable ok? Hope you rule out these easy things first

Yes, all fine thanks Varthdader :slight_smile: I am sequencing my shruthis with my korg Volcas, my polivoks is fine…and I also tried different sequencers and leads…

I had thought it may be the MIDI socket on the board, so I bent the pins in the socket a little to give a better contact, but this did not work either…

Luckily I made my Shruthi with a detachable screen incase of future issues, I retouched the solder points on the main board, that didn’t help either…

Same channel on both units? Did you try different cables/does the cable work in other synths?

Also, post pictures of the board :slight_smile:

Cables are all fine thanks V’cent…MIDI is not working on any channel of the unit :confused:

Fixed :slight_smile:

Diagosis?

There was a bad solder point on the MIDI socket…Luckily I fitted the screen with a cut down header which enabled me to remove it :slight_smile: I think plugging and unplugging MIDI cables a lot must have caused the problem.