Shruthi gone wrong - Button issues

Right. I assembled the Shruthi, Everything was working fine. Now however it seems to have a mind of it’s own. Sometimes it won’t respond to button presses, other times it scrolls through the options quickly. At times it boots in firmware mode (Buttons 1, 3, 5 & 7) on. Not sure what the issue is. I though the case could be pulling on the buttons so took it off but I still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Reheat buttons, shift register & ATMega pads :slight_smile:

And resistor network! Your problem is consistent with some inputs of the 74hc165 left floating - because of the resistor network not doing its job.

Thanks, looks like pushing the chips in a bit more has solved the problem. Must have got knocked out when carrying it around in my bag. Seems stable now but if the problem comes back I’ll look into reheating

Might as well reheat now, this type of problem has a habit of coming back at the worst possible time :confused:

Yeah I spoke too soon. It rarely boots up completely now. And now the resonance doesn’t work. I’ll reheat the parts mentioned. Anything else resonance related to look for? Thanks