Shruthi firmware update

Here’s a little Shruthi firmware update:

• Increased the knob scan-rate on the (non-XT) 4-knob version.
  • Fixed a bug preventing the display to reflect CC changes in realtime when the “pause” setting was set to 0.
  • Added a 80ms delay before actually loading a patch when scrolling through the list. This allows faster scrolling through the patch list.

The last change is probably going to be controversial, I’d like to have your opinion of this… Motivation for doing so here.

Personally, I like it. The slow patch list scroll was getting annoying. As annoying as double posts.

I agree id rather have a delay on loading versus on on scrolling. If it doesnt occur when sending a program change I see no downside.

This is only a UI thing - it doesn’t affect the way the module respond to program changes.

@pichenettes, could you push this to GitHub, in a branch if you like, for those of us who prefer to build the firmware from source and flash it via a programmer?

Crap, forgot to push before going back home… I’ll push it tomorrow. Usually master = bleeding edge, with stable releases in branches named after the version number.

OK, thanks, no rush. Which reminds me that by chance I am supposed to be teaching git to statisticians this afternoon. I should not have volunteered for that…

“Added a 80ms delay before actually loading a patch when scrolling through the list. This allows faster scrolling through the patch list.”

Great improvement for me! Well done!

I didn’t see the 1.02 version in here : http://mutable-instruments.net/static/firmware/
Is 1.02 the latest “official” and bug free version ?
Or should I get the 1.01 from the above page ?

The 1.02 has not been officially released yet but it’s really safe to use :slight_smile:

I have not made it official by lack of time, not because I suspect there are still bugs lurking around.

Hello Mutables. Unfortunately I cannot download the version 1.02 - it’s only a picture!? The 1.01 version does not work in my Shruti. It gives me only a flickering screen.
Thanks in advance.
Frank

> Unfortunately I cannot download the version 1.02 – it’s only a picture!?

A picture? I don’t understand.

> The 1.01 version does not work in my Shruti. It gives me only a flickering screen.

v1.01 is designed to work on both the “classic” Shruthi (4 knobs) and XT.

Try booting the synth with the encoder pressed. Repeat several times until it shows the correct hardware version (probably “classic” in your case).

Perfect. I understand now that you can only download when you’re logged in. The pressing of the encoder did the trick. Thank you very much!
Frank

Hi Olivier, all,
@Olivier , i notice that i can in the Ambika modulate the Waveform like the PPG.
So i can modulate for example a Wavetable direct with a VCA Envelope or LFO. Than the Oscillator drives from (vocal) aaa… to … uuu. But Shruthi i can’t modulate the Wavetables. Why not , this will be a great new feature.
Greets

Andre’

Of course you can!

It’s probably that the oscillator waveshape was named “pwm” on the Shruthi (a long long time ago the only waveshaping option was just PWM) and “prm” (parameter) on Ambika.

Ah, thanks.

Greets

Andre

Hi, with V0.92, we could change sequences and browse them independantly than patches, and, in synchro. With V1.01, we can’t do it. Is there a way to change sequences without changing patches?
Could it be possible to choose witch (sequence or patch) is static to be able to test different sequences with the same sound or to test different sonds with the same sequence like V1.01 behaviour?

> Is there a way to change sequences without changing patches?

No.

> Could it be possible to choose witch (sequence or patch) is static to be able to test different sequences with the same sound or to test different sonds with the same sequence like V1.01 behaviour?

No. Sequences are part of the patch since v1.00

I thought the same sequence keeps playing when you change patches, and will only play the new saved sequence if you stop and start playback?

Yes. While a sequence is playing, loading a new patch doesn’t replace the sequence which is being played.