Shruthi EEPROM write fail at 93%? Help please

I just finished building 2 Shruthi’s for myself with different filters and have been trying to program them. I am receiving identical error messages when writing the eeprom on both units. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this error? It seems like both Shruthi’s work okay but I can’t tell with certainty.

The fuses returned no errors. Here’s the two lines of code I used:

avrdude -B 100 -V -p m644p -c usbtiny -P usb -e -U lock:w:0x2F:m -e -u -U efuse:w:0xFD:m -U hfuse:w:0xD6:m -U lfuse:w:0xFF:m -U lock:w:0x2f:m

avrdude -B 1 -V -p m644p -c usbtiny -P usb -U flash:w:muboot.hex:i -U flash:w:shruthi1_1.02.hex:i -U eeprom:w:internal_eeprom.hex:i -U lock:w:0x2f:m

Here’s a screenshot of my cmd screen. I’m using WinAVR with Avrdude.

I’ve never seen that… Maybe try to write more slowly with -B 2 instead of 1?

I just tried using -B 2 but it still returns the exact same error on both boards. I was just now wondering if the line below the error code that completed 100% is avrdude trying to write the same code again but this time succeeding? Does that make sense? If not, then what is the written line that completes 100% right after the error code actually writing?

Yes, from the second line it looks like avrdude is retrying to write (or that the error message is disrupting the display of the progress bar?)

The eeprom contains patches 1 to 16. Are these present?

Yes, patches 1 - 16 are present on both boards. So perhaps it did write a second time 100% and things are fine? I’m not exactly sure yet. I say this because I’m currently having an issue getting the audio output to work on either board. I don’t know if that is an unrelated issue or not? I’ve spent time looking through other threads and it seems as though all of the people who had a similar issue had a cap or IC wrong or didn’t bridge the jumpers next to the jacks. I’m also getting the correct voltages on all of the ICs as well on both boards. All of that I’ve checked and I tried running the demo. The demo runs but I can’t hear it. I just see the lights and the text “Let’s jam.” I’m using the SMR4 MKII filter on one board and the SSM2044 on the other board. I just don’t know if this is a problem because of the write fail error message or if it is something else entirely. Any suggestions on what else I should check in order to try and diagnose the problem? What’s weird to me is that it’s happening on both boards and since I’m using two entirely different filter boards it makes me think that it could be related to the error message?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Which demo are you talking about?

Are you building a Shruthi XT?

No, just building a regular Shruthi. I’m building two of them. The demo I saw on this YouTube link where you hold down the encoder for a few seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4rxO-WMSvg