Shruthi "controller" mode and MIDI loops

This echoes’ yewtreemagic bug report and the disappearance of the “controller” mode on the new Shruthi firmware.

My mistake, this was indeed the only mode that allowed loop-free interaction with a DAW. So I brought it back. In this mode, the MIDI OUT only spits the CCs corresponding to your knob tweaks, and nothing else - in particular, the MIDI OUT does not mirror what is received on its input.

Thanks sir!!

I’ve installed it on my Yellow Magic and it seems work fine! But there are now stripes between the names of the editable parameters in the upper half of the screen in the standard ‘4 parameter view’.
Is this intended?
Saving of seq and portamento is great!

Here’s another one, with the new modulation destinations.

> But there are now stripes between the names of the editable parameters in the upper half of the screen in the standard ’4 parameter view’.

This means that the keyboard is latched, either because you have pressed a pedal, or because the encoder has been held for 2s (a new shortcut for the latch function).

Ive now also installed it on my ladder programmer and i found one bug.
The OSC1 SHAPE knob changes function when i am in the sequencer side of the shruthi. It seems to become always the 1st parameter of the next page then the one shown on the screen.

>This means that the keyboard is latched
aha indeed i was playing with the sequencer just from the shruthi itself so this explains.

Does it fix the bug?

I actually never tested this on Frank’s programmer - I tested on mine and it has no “shape” knob (this is handled by a pair of +/- buttons instead).

fixed :slight_smile: