Shruthi-1 with MAX patch - first effort!

BETA1:

Download

Not tested, cause i’vnt got my Shruthi at work :)))))

Thanks EATYone! I too am at work right now, with no Shruthi. But looking at your Max patch, a few humble questions/suggestions:

1) I see that you removed all the speedlim objects - I assume you ended up not needing those after all? It will be important to see if the Shruthi chokes on a heavy MIDI input stream…

2) It doesn’t seem like you updated any of the ctlout objects with the selected MIDI output device. Also, currently no way to change the MIDI channel of the ctlout objects to anything other than channel 1…

3) Not sure why you connected midiin to midiout? Don’t think you need to do that…

As soon as I get some time (yeah right, I’ll try and help out with this, so you’re not doing it all by yourself)

Yeah i Know for chan1, but i never Dirk with More than one midi device( i m a children of sample)…speedlim not seem to be needed with the Shruthi unlike than the shruti…

wow!
thanks :slight_smile: i’ll try and have a play over the weekend.
thank you!

8>< edit:
just been having a look at this and couldn’t get the randomize button to work, so i edited the patch a little, i hope you don’t mind.

Do what u want! I’m a Max newbie, share ur result, and we’ll try to keep “official” up to date patch for every body :slight_smile:

I’ll Will make a tut for those wich don’t Know how to use it.

great, thanks
i’ve posted it here via my blog: a link

urg… going to have to wait for your tutorial, EATYone, i don’t know how to send the info from your patch to the Shruthi-1…
i am a MIDI noob!
i have just spent the last hour trying to get my old Roland JX-3p to send MIDI out to the Shruthi, it worked the other day but not tonight.
time for a beer

Ok sorry for a big mistake during the translation from M4L to MAX… I’ve now link each ctlout with a midi port…

So you just have to select where the Patch have to send CC…Just select ur output… For exemple u can choose to redirect midi CC directly to ur midi interface, or to virtual port like “From Max Msp1” for driving directly CC from ur DAW

Here’s the link of the beta2: DOWNLOAD

Sorry third beta:

Bug Fix:

• The randomize button was a Live one so, changed to standard one for those who’vnt got M4L
  • Now with the Max Run Time the patch will open itself in presentation mode.

DOWNLOAD SHRUTHICCMAX_BETA_2_3

Tested with the free Max Runtime in Live.

nice work EATYone :slight_smile:
i thought it was me being a noob…
i’ll have a play later on and report back!

thanks again!

Hello again,
EATYone: your MAX patch is great, thank you so much!
Together with the Shruthi-1, it’s helping me get my head into MIDI, something I have avoided for a loooooong time
I made two quick videos yesterday of the ShruthiCCMAX Beta in action :slight_smile:
• The first one with just the Shruthi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TzUpV_zmCU
• The second with five12’s Numerology sequencing the Shruthi-1 and sync’d to Roland TR808 & TB303, with a little bit of effects thrown in for good measure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2oqKOb-gs

The next thing on my list is to be able to use my Kenton Control Freak with the MAX patch to control the dials…

Hello everyone, I am looking to try all the available patch editors and this looks pretty sweet, Do you have a download link for the Max runtime patch, I tried the links in this post but they do not appear to work, I will be getting my Shruthi-1 tomorrow, I can not wait

hey BobSwanS,
i just checked the link above for the third beta (http://eatyone.free.fr/Shruthi1/Shruti1CCBeta2_3.maxpat) from EATYone…
it works fine.

Sorry man,I should have right clicked then saved as