Shruthi-1 firmware v0.97

You can find files for the v0.97 of the firmware.

This is a minor upgrade with the following features:

SYNTHESIS

• The envelopes have a different behaviour - the attack does not reset 0 at the beginning of each note, but rather starts from the current level of the envelope.
  • The way velocity is managed in the context of note priority handling has been changed. When you play and hold a note, play a new note and release it, the held note is retriggered with its original velocity.
  • Phase increments are computed using a new interpolation technique, saving 1.3kb of code size.

FILTER BOARD HANDLING

• Support for the “LP2+Delay” (aka Yellow Magic) filter board.

UI

• When using the programmer, the screen shows the value of the edited parameter.

>a sequence with a lot of automations is played into this unit
I’m new to all these midi stuff, didn’t think that the control changes could actually be automated in a midi sequence, definitely better to keep it as it is…

>perpetual patch randomizer
:smiley: or the freak noise machine, once the screen gets all blinky and you don’t know in which screen you are and you start turning all knobs randomly, things can get a bit messy…

> I just wanted to check what would happen if I set the mode as programmer.

Perpetual Patch Randomizer!

And try touching the CV1 pin… Touch Sensitive Patch Randomizer!

> When I set the Cv. mode to programmer, the screen shows “programmer” and blinks non stop, midi mode is set to “controller” (my shruthi 1 is hooked to a NRPN controller on my computer), lots of random values are sent by NRPN from the shruthi to the editor.
> Switched back with 0,96, it also sends the random values, but the screen is not blinking.

That’s because v0.97 comes with a new screen that shows the edited parameter when a parameter is tweaked via the programmer. Since you don’t have a programmer hooked to the Shruthi-1, it is reading random values rather than the voltages sent by the programmer. Normal behavior, there’s nothing to do about it, just don’t use the “programmer” mode when no programmer is hooked to the unit…

> I was hoping that the Shruthi would also display the edited parameter when receiving Control change NRPN data in standard “Midi control” mode, this would have been cool when using computer editors like ctrlr.

But this would have been uncool when trying to tweak a parameter while a sequence with a lot of automations is played into this unit :frowning:

no programmer kit here, though I might get one someday, I just wanted to check what would happen if I set the mode as programmer.

Just tried uploading the 0,97 firmware on my 4PM kit with C6, went without troubles, few things I noticed:

When I set the Cv. mode to programmer, the screen shows “programmer” and blinks non stop, midi mode is set to “controller” (my shruthi 1 is hooked to a NRPN controller on my computer), lots of random values are sent by NRPN from the shruthi to the editor.

Switched back with 0,96, it also sends the random values, but the screen is not blinking.
I suppose this is coming from the floating CV pins on the 4PM kit, maybe I should ground the CVs if not using them?

I was hoping that the Shruthi would also display the edited parameter when receiving Control change NRPN data in standard “Midi control” mode, this would have been cool when using computer editors like ctrlr.

and now back to 0,97 for more testing, love how easy it is to flash with Sysex files :slight_smile:

Do you have the programmer kit? programmer mode is for those with Frank’s programmer kit.

@6581punk
+1

Can the version number screen display for a short period and then disappear?

Now I see the firmware version after turning all programmer knobs all the way counter clockwise and turning on the machine. :slight_smile:

Ah, I see the problem, the version number is displayed until a knob is turned. The problem is that if the programmer is hooked, it will actually send a lot of “knob moves” messages to the Shruthi when powered on, so this will rapidly discard the version screen.

Ok, I missed that discussion Olivier. And I totally understand why its not possible! :slight_smile:
@flip, Yes thats probably the case for me too. Is it some other way to check firmware version?

>I’m missing firmware version when powering on my Shruthi (XT)
Thats because one of the pots is sending a value. I also never see the power on screen on mine.

> I think I’d prefer it to stay on the actual page. If I change filter frequency, it shows the filter page and stays there

This has been discussed forever in the past, this is not possible, as it would make things very glitchy when two knobs are tweaked at the same time.

>I’m missing firmware version when powering on my Shruthi.

Did you hold the encoder when powering on? if you do so it enables the patch memory, so it remembers which patch you used last and also skips the welcome page.

Thumbs up for 0.97! The programmer value is great! I think I’d prefer it to stay on the actual page. If I change filter frequency, it shows the filter page and stays there.
I’m missing firmware version when powering on my Shruthi.
Haven’t had time to test the other stuff!

Feedback wanted! I’m going to burn those in 2 weeks for the “Yellow Magic” run.

Note that the new pitch table gave (again) a bit of fresh air code size-wise.

this is the same as the earlier beta?

No, there had been recent changes in the last few days (including today) for the pitch table stuff.

Roger that… LP2+Delay needs moar workout :slight_smile: