Sheep!

I’ll take one as well. That’s 22?

considering that some people who don’t visit these forums will want one, too, it looks like pichenette’s original 50 was a pretty good guess. :slight_smile:

I’m more worried about a sudden shop stampede, or that famous people get a few, the rest get sent to Scheiders and, unless you reserved them last April, us mere mortals don’t get any :slight_smile:

It’s only a panel, so this will probably be shop-only. I would like one pre-assembled though.

Well, I suspect we’ll see them in Eviltube vids, then it may take a few months :wink: Anywho, I was just fishing for a secret shoppe for those who expressed an early interest. Any parallels to the new modules shouldn’t be drawn, those will become available sooner or later.

My plan is to :

1. Sell a limited run of 20 or 30 on the shop and stop there. Having one more item on the shop is a move in the wrong direction for me. Ideally I’d like to spend more time designing modules rather than dealing with orders. I’m also very wary of selling something that will require people to disassemble their module… What if they send an ESD discharge on an exposed IC lead when they handle it? What if they damage a part in the process? This is just asking for troubles.
  2. Have 10% of the modules in the subsequent production batches of Tides assembled with this panel and programmed with the Sheep firmware. Adjust the rate subsequently.

Which means that if you want a pre-assembled module with this panel, you’ll have to wait for a couple of months until I have sold my entire batch of Tides and have to reorder a new one. No way I’m going to unpack/disassemble/reassemble/repack/reflash/retest modules from the existing batch.

SOLD! - MI Sheep

Happy to wait for the 10%. Not in any rush.

Having a “secret section” in your shop linked to from this thread only might help cut down on orders from people who might not know what they’re doing.

Don’t underestimate the power of the good old PM… But, it seems there might be some stock available.

Good plan.

pichenettes> I’m also very wary of selling something that will require people to disassemble their module… What if they send an ESD discharge on an exposed IC lead when they handle it? What if they damage a part in the process? This is just asking for trouble.

Have you thought about an opaque acrylic overlay panel, that has apertures for the pots, jacks and switches, but which covers the Tides labels and provides the Sheep alternatives? Because it would not be a structural panel, it could be made of 2mm or even thinner acrylic. It would be secured to the existing Tides panel by the four rack bolts. Slightly longer rack mounting bolts may be required, depending on the user’s rack rails, but that’s all. No module disassembly would be required, not even knob removal, and it would be much faster to change the identity of the module if the user wishes to swap back-and forth. If the right colour is chosen for the acrylic, with suitable fonts and layout provided by Rumpelfilter, then it might look quite striking, even aesthetically pleasing, if not actually beautiful.

You could use other materials, too. How about leather Or wood Maybe someone with ready access to a laser cutter could make some prototypes?

please do count me in for a panel as well guys if this winds up a go!

Panel looks great, but I’m also happy to wait for the 10%…
The “b-stock” tides I got just-in-case is too nice to sacrifice.

+1 for the panel if this become a real thing

>leather
you could make them out of actual sheep

It might go against the M-I aesthetic, but I do kinda like Bennelong Bicyclist’s idea of a “modular” panel overlay for sheep. This might have to be an unofficial product, spearheaded by a forum member.

+1, second tide arived (-:

Sell limited runs of them IMHO

In. Sheepcounter = 26 :slight_smile:

:wink:

Ordered.