Sequencer c/v from max/msp

Ive been trying to get my braids to respond to c/v from motu my mk4

How ever it always seems to be just a note or 2 off from what the sequencer is sending it.

Has anyone else out there ran into this problem??

what do you mean by a note or 2 off? do you mean in pitch? or in time?

in pitch, For an example I created a midi lane with c3 and c4 just long sustained half notes in the max/msp device

Even when I tune the braids to ether one of the c octaves its always just a step or two off between the two.

mmmm sounds like a calibration error somewhere on the chain. does Braids correctly follow other pitch cv sources you have?

1 Like

I wish I had another source to test it, I do not have any other c/v modules at the moment :confused:

in that case, if you feel up to it, you could try calibrating Braids to match the CV Max/MSP is sending out. The calibration procedure is in this page

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/braids/manual/

1 Like

Well the problem I seem to be running into is the inability to play the c3 note the closest i can get is c#3
although I can do c4. (I found calibration in the notes)

I also seem to be a at loss for over all calibration any advice on how to calibrate?

have you confirmed with a volt meter that the cv you expect on the cable is actually there? Failing a meter, do you get the results you expect with a different oscillator?

The problem might be that sending a DC voltage from software over a DC coupled audio interface is uncalibrated to begin with. Eurorack is expecting 1v/oct so generally what you need to do is either use a calibration tool that comes with some software (Silent Way or Reaktor) or just multiply (scale) the signal right before it goes to your audio interface.

Adding an offset to a CV changes the tuning. Scaling the CV changes the tracking. You want to scale the CV so you get an octave apart when you send an octave apart.

1 Like

Another thought regarding the C# problem assuming octaves are calibrated to play in tune - make sure Braids’ quantizer isn’t turned on (and/or set to any scale other than chromatic).

1 Like

On the note of reaktor, that was going to be my next step.
Im curious if their tools will produce the same results
Will the demo allow outputs other than main?