Self Oscillating but nothing else?

hey I’ve sorted the filter and know the knobs and buttons work, it’s self oscillating the filter, however when I go to the waveforms nothing happens :frowning: it doesn’t play any of the waveforms. Any ideas what I might be missing? this is on Shruthi-1 kit.

Are you playing notes from the MIDI in? Check if there is a good connection between the OSC> pin of the control board and the same pin of the filter board.

OK will have a look this evening. Weird everything seemed to work, however the waveforms wouldn’t.

Right so I got home and need to check the flow really. it’s weird that everything is showing up like patches, LFO, step Seq but nothing is playing. :frowning: gutted isn’t the word I feel like im touching distance away from completing. I also have notice that it’s playing a Semi Tone up from its official note for example. I play C3 it should be 500Hz however it’s playing at 610Hz which is D#. I tried using the trim but this does seem to get it close to what im after or an i using it wrong?Any help would be ace.

> I also have notice that it’s playing a Semi Tone up from its official note for example. I play C3 it should be 500Hz however it’s playing at 610Hz which is D#

This is the self-oscillation tone of the filter, so its pitch is dependent on the cutoff setting. It makes little sense to try to tune this in any other way than in relative intervals.

Do you have any sound on the OSC> pin of the control board?

Which one is the Osc chip???

>This is the self-oscillation tone of the filter, so its pitch is dependent on the cutoff setting. It makes little sense to try to tune this in any other way than in relative intervals.<

Ah yesss makes sense silly me lol

There is a pin labelled OSC> on the control board.

hey yeah just check this and I have a current working on this. Any other ideas?

do you have always full resonance (self oscillating) or can you control it with the resonance parameter? I had always full resonance in my build due to a faulty Q4 transistor. it was so loud that you could not hear the OSCs through the heavy self oscillation.

>do you have always full resonance (self oscillating) or can you control it with the resonance parameter? <

Yeah I can control the with the res parameter and also all the other four knobs are working too.
Weird I just don’t get it :frowning:

Does the filter respond to MIDI?

Edit- just read that it does so my question is not relevant. It sounds like the osc is not getting to the filter, you need to trace the signal of the osc, it’s quite an easy thing to do.

What do you have on the OSC> pin?