Saving sequences and settings

Hello
Can someone explain to me how to save sequences and other settings. I af familial with saving and loading sysex messages on my other synths, im not new to this. I just havent been able to figure out how to do it on the midipal.
thanks
eric

Hold the encoder for 2s. Select “sysxdump” in the list. A sequence of sysex messages is sent on the MIDI out. You can record them in a SysEx management program such as SysEx librarian . Play back the sysex file into the MIDIpal to restore them.

Ok seems easy enough and i am very familiar with sysex librarian.
Thanks

Hi all, new here and don’t (yet) have the MidiPal. I have a similar question as ejust, except I really want to be able to store/load from a small pool of sequences for a performance, but without a computer. I gather there is no pattern memory in the MidiPal (when it’s switched off, the current pattern is lost and there is no local storage, yes?), but would it be feasible to use the program memory to store a small number of patterns, maybe at the expense of one of the other applications? Or does anyone know how I might do this in a very simple way with another piece of gear? I love the idea of having something very compact that does everything I want, so if it might be possible to hack a solution for myself, I’d give it a shot… thanks!

> I gather there is no pattern memory in the MidiPal (when it’s switched off, the current pattern is lost and there is no local storage, yes?)

The full state of the MIDIpal is saved between power-cycles ; so the current pattern is restored when you switch the unit back on.

> but would it be feasible to use the program memory to store a small number of patterns, maybe at the expense of one of the other applications

It might be possible if you are ready to do some coding! The current code is designed to only allow persistence of the state of the device - this means you’ll have to add your own menus to load/save retrieve settings etc.

There’s an upcoming sequencer based off the MIDIpal Take a peek at the link and search this forum for MIDIalf. Peter K, kvitekp is the brilliant guy behind it.

If you need something more hairly/bigger there’s always the MIDIbox SEQ v4L for that sort of fun. Or the big whopper: The MBseq V4, it’s getting into Sequentix Cirklon territory - there’s few things it doesn’t do.

You can tailor it to be controlled via Lemur/iPad, output an optional 8CV/Gates, it does MIDI-synched LFOs that can also be overlaid on the CV/Gates, store stuff on a 4GB SD card, it does OSC, stores Sysex and is generally kick-ass. Oh, there’s a BLM (Button LED Matrix) for it too if you feel like a clip-based workflow is you thing. Either hardware, or using Lemur over OSC. You need to read, read, read, ask, solder or pick up someone’s built unit 2nd hand.

Hi, thanks for the replies. I am not opposed to a bit of coding, good to know it might be possible with the Midipal. I took a look at Midialf, that may be the ticket there, although it looks like it would be lacking some of the Midipal features, so I’d probably end up with two pieces there (?) Midibox seq v4 looks like a beast and its not immediately clear if I would have to buy the parts and assemble myself? There don’t appear to be kits (at least not for the v4 - the v4L looks available). Anyway - i’ll clearly be up late reading :slight_smile: thanks again!

Just an idea… I don’t know if this will work for i don’t know if the midipal saves the settings for multiple apps. If it does you could modify the code by ditching some other apps and have multiple installs of the sequencer. That would save the hassle of creating a load save menu.

I like shiftr’s idea. I’d be into stripping down my midipal and loading it with several sequencer and arpeggiator apps. how difficult would that be?