RIP Donna Summer

Thinking back on how she met up with Moroder and brought some true innovation to music as we know it today. Just by chance I listened to I Feel Love not too long ago and thought to myself: “This sounds modern even in this day and age”!

Respect!

“I feel love” is a major track indeed. So huge. So ahead of its time in so many different ways…

I was in a disco showband in the 80s, played all sorts of Donna Summer songs. I think I appreciate them more now than I did back then.

And I remember also State of Independence. Little did I know it was from Vangelis, one hero of mine. R.I.P. Donna

I saw the Chili Peppers dick around with “I Feel Love” live and it was truly a WTF moment, both because of the awesomeness of being caught off guard hearing that kickass song live in a big arena and also because of Flea’s amazing work on the bassline .

Jesus Jones mixed it into one of theirs songs when playing live too.

R.I.P. Donna

Don`t want to derail, but the Chili Peppers Cover made me remember another nice Moroder Cover .( Not related to Donna Summer though)

Not derailing. Blondie and I Feel Love… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wh6heXgvek

Debbie is good, I still like Blondie a lot. Even in this version.

RHCP, one hot minute… if i imagine what they could have done if they had stuck to Dave Navarro…
off topic sorry, but i don’t know anything but the name of Donna Summer (rip)

Donna summer, gloria Gaynor, Sivester, I think icons of the 80’s club music.
I’ve recovered also “last night a dj saved my life” from Indeep. I like it a lot and I play it during saturday’s evening disco at home with my kids.
Things change.
Marco