Rings Normalled Fine Tune No Longer Working

Evening,

A bit of an odd one but just wondered if anyone has any thoughts. The attenuverter linked to the frequency input on my Rings no longer seems to be channeling the 1/12th of a volt for fine tuning with noting patched in. The attenuverter still operates exactly as expected when a CV is input, just not with nothing patched in. Would that suggest that the switching on the jack has mechanically failed or something? It’s from the first batch that came out last December.

Cheers.

me too! same problem. I did re-upload the firmware with the most recent code FYI.

How very strange. I’m using mine with a Doepfer PSU3 if that’s of any significance, how about you mqtthiqs?

I’ve never meddled with the firmware, I did recalibrate it a few months ago as I was doing a bunch of other oscs and figured it couldn’t hurt. I wonder if there’s something in the calibration procedure that causes the fine tune to stop working?

> I wonder if there’s something in the calibration procedure that causes the fine tune to stop working?

Yes there is actually. I prefer to let Olivier answer but I’d bet on this. Nothing urgent AFAIC Olivier, enjoy your holiday.

Same same, I can live quite happily without a fine tune for a few weeks, would much rather big O gets his downtime and comes back fresh and even fuller of awesome next year.

Are you sure you had a dummy cable patched into the FM input when you did the calibration? If not, the module will “learn” that the small voltage normaled to the FM input, and which allows fine tuning, is the zero.

1 Like

I thought I had but clearly hadn’t. Thanks for your patience, much appreciated.

Same problem, never worked. I have the unit from few months. I never calibrated it. Do you recoment to do a calibration?

Yes this will solve the problem.

Thanks. Thats worked!