Power switch

Hi everyone

First of all, thanks to Olivier Gillet for his wonderful kits.

Just finished a shruthi xt, the build is working OK (taking your time and double checking sure pays in the end), just have three questions :

• Is it me or the small caps were sometimes extremely hard to solder on the digital control board ? (the metal surrounding holes is different compared to the filter board, my guess is that solder doesn’t “stick” to it as easily on small surfaces)

• I soldered the power switch with wires. On “off” position, there still is some tension (~ 0.2 V) is it normal ? (My power supply is set to 7.5V)

• Is there some kind trick/tip to set V/Oct Tuning ? I did as said at the end of assembly instructions, but I can’t find a satisfying tuning

Thanks everyone

> - Is it me or the small caps were sometimes extremely hard to solder on the digital control board ?

This is normal. Most of the caps have one pin which is grounded, and ground is a big mass of copper the size of the board.

> I soldered the power switch with wires. On “off” position, there still is some tension (~ 0.2 V) is it normal ? (My power supply is set to 7.5V)

Very strange. Do you have a meter to check the resistance between the two pins of the switch with the switch in ON and OFF positions?

> but I can’t find a satisfying tuning

What’s the problem with the tunings you get? Actual note doesn’t matter, you have to tune for interval only.

Hi

Thanks for your help.

> Very strange. Do you have a meter to check the resistance between the two pins of the switch with the switch in ON and OFF positions?

There wasn’t any resistance value on the meter, but a solder on the switch was badly done. Anyway it’s ok now and maybe I was metering too soon after the switching occured.

> What’s the problem with the tunings you get? Actual note doesn’t matter, you have to tune for interval only.

Ok, I thought I was supposed to have the same note, I should be able to do the tuning then.

I will finally completely assemble with the plexi and metal, really good looking plate by the way !

Thanks again