Power supply connector - dimensions?

First I just want to say hello to everyone. I’m a newcomer here. I’ve been reading the forum for a while but haven’t written anything before now. Seems like a very friendly place to hang out.

I’m picking up my first Shruthi-1 at the post office tomorrow, and need to buy a power supply for it. In the manual I read that the barrel of the connector should be 2.1mm wide. But what about the dimension of the outer part? Does it matter if it is 5.0 or 5.5mm wide? I’ve searched for a power supply with the right specs around where I live (southern Sweden), but can only find supplies with 5.0mm wide not 5.5 wide barrels. Will it work?

Cheers,
Fredric

Welcome to the forum, Fredric! If you have a Clas Ohlson store nearby you can get this. That’s what I use. (Another swede here) :slight_smile:

It really doesn’t matter for the last 0.5mm, just make shure the inside is 2,1mm…

Wow, such fast replies! Thanks! :slight_smile:

@tb323 Hej! Tack för tipset. Då borde också den här funka gissar jag: http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/el/stromforsorjning/nataggregat/ac-dc/stallbar-utspanning/stallbar-natadapter-3-12-volt-p44108

@Modularmind: It will probably work just fine. And only english please… rules! :wink:

I’ll stick to english in the future. Thanks for the help! I’m really looking forward to plaing with my Shruthi tomorrow.